Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success.
The Digital Delivery Director (DDD) is responsible for leading digital delivery scope of a project, reporting directly to the Location/Operations Manager. This includes development and implementation of the Digital PEP (Project Execution Plan), the project integrated systems map, and identifying and managing any software and staffing support requirements to ensure project contractual requirements are met. Any non-standard digital requirements are consulted and managed by the DEM who consults with other SMEs when needed such as I&DD and Customer Solutions. Also responsible for digital strategy and tools in the proposal phase. This director is also responsible for growing and managing the critical resources to deliver the digital scope on our projects.
- Manages budget and resources to deliver project delivery digital scope including Digital Execution Managers (DEMs), Project Information Managers (PIMs), and Project Delivery Services (project system admins)
- Accountable to Operations leaders at the Location
- Responsible for overseeing the delivery the digital scope of projects (systems and data) Responsible for setting digital strategy and systems map in opening game through project execution that aligns with the overall project execution strategy
- Accountable for Standard Tools Deviation approvals within their location
- Lead rollout of digital tools transformation and digital transformation initiatives across
- Engaged in all key bids and endorse digital tools selection and digital execution strategy
- Support Sales in the inclusion of Digitization and Automation elements in proposals for new contracts where relevant.
- Functionally responsible for all PDS, PIMs and Project Digital Execution Managers in [location, region] including recruitment, allocation, development, performance and remuneration
- Collaborate with global Tools & Digital teams to maximize digital solutions for customer needs (via Digital Value Enablement sessions if applicable)
- Contributes to licensing and commercial strategies and needs
- Coordinates with PMs, PEs, MOE, and other impacted discipline leads
- Coordinates with I&DD (IT) on software and hardware requirement
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or related degree
- Sufficient experience delivering digital solutions in Oil and Gas and/or Mining industries
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills working with the customer
- Ability to plan, orchestrate effectively across organizational boundaries
- Demonstrate customer interaction professionalism - listening, ability to ask insightful questions, build consensus, advance opportunities to next level
- Ability to frame customer business and technical imperatives, and inspiring confidence with a variety of internal and external constituents
- Build alliances and seek cross-functional support to achieve success
- Enough hands-on experience delivering project delivery systems
- Ability to manage staff, set example and demonstrate leadership
- Must have ability to build relationships with the customer IT and technical stakeholders
- Plan, organize and scale the high-quality delivery required within set timeline and deadlines
- Identify and implement system architecture best practices and standards
- Technical acumen required for system scalability, availability, and performance activities
- Capable of technical deep dives into infrastructure, databases, and applications as needed, yet cognitively agile enough to have strategy discussions with leadership
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately with corporate executives and technical teams.
- Excellent influencing and reasoning skills; good at conflict resolution and consensus building.
- Ability to occasionally travel to customer sites
- Experience building & managing high performing teams
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.