Job description / Role
The BHGE Digital Technology Internship offer opportunities to the interns to work together with our employees and leaders to solve some of our biggest challenges, helping us to bring smarter ways to bring energy to the world. An internship at BHGE is an opportunity to learn while doing. Collaborating on exciting projects, not only with talented peers, but with top leaders in your field-many of whom began as interns
This is a 6 month assignment within a BHGE business alongside experts in various locations.
The internship will:
- Inspire and guides university students through career shaping experiences.
- Provides challenging assignments to grow technical skills & capabilities.
- Offer opportunities to solve critical business challenges through cross-functional, mission-based teams.
- Currently enrolled in a degree in IT, Computer Science or Software or similar from an accredited University.
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0 or equivalent.
- The course curriculum or projects undertaken during your degree should support a demonstration of knowledge in Software Applications/Programming Languages.
- Must be flexible in and able to navigate an ever-changing work environment
- In addition to fluency in English (assessment of your English proficiency may be part of the selection process) and the legal right to work in the country in which you have applied without company sponsorship or time restriction.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- A strong commitment to a career in technology with a passion and aptitude for both software and information technology.
- Up-to-date with current industry standards, trending software, and information technology development tools.
- Solves technical challenges through regular application of common design patterns and identify appropriate patterns for use in problem solving.
- Able to engage positively across multiple departments to establish clarity, vision, and mutual trust to achieve business goals.
- Leadership experience inside and/or outside the classroom.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to articulate technical problems in clear and simple terms.
- Contributes to creative solutions and challenges the status quo.
- Proactively learns new tools and identifies opportunities for improvement and promotes their adoption.
Baker Hughes , a GE Company( NYSE: BHGE), is the World's first and only full stream provider of Integrated oil field products, services and digital solutions. We deploy mind and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. with operations over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup- Inventing Smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.