Job description / Role
Baker Hughes, a GE Company offers the opportunity as Directional Driller to join the Drilling Services team in Saudi Arabia
• Under broad direction provides direct instruction and supervision to other Field Engineers on day-to-day well site work and activities.
• Provides advice and direction to external customer and third-party well site colleagues as appropriate.
• Provides resolution to a diverse scope and range of complex problems at the well site where analysis of data requires having a broad knowledge of the product line's) tool(s)) and/or service.
• Work is evaluated upon completion by local Operations Management and the external Customer to ensure objectives have been met.
• Acts as a project leader and mentors junior field engineers.
• Executes other related duties as assigned.
• Two year Technical college degree and significant experience as a Field Specialist.
• 3 to 5 years of experience as Directional Driller
• Must complete assigned training and development programs required by local Operations under the direction of the Talent Management Group.
• Thorough mechanical and application proficiency in one or more product lines. May be competent in medium to high risk applications in other product groups.
• Ability to work well and communicate well with others.
About the Company
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.