Job description / Role
Director/Associate Partner - Transaction Real Estate and Hospitality Advisory Services
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. Our Transaction Real Estate and Hospitality professionals help clients make strategic decisions with high quality and objective advice through each phase of the real estate development lifecycle.
EY has the largest integrated Real Estate, Hospitality & Construction (RHC) practice of any professional services organization, with more than 16,000 professionals around the world providing audit, tax, transaction and real estate advisory services to real estate owners, investors, lenders and users. The sector continues to grow and evolve against a backdrop of digital, financial and global transformation. Real estate companies are finding integration and adaptability critical for success and knowing this, our solutions have been created with our clients’ priorities in mind.
EY has an established industry leading Transaction Real Estate Practice in MENA. We are looking for an aspirational Real Estate investment professional with corporate finance or strategy background and a focus on Real Estate, Hospitality and Construction (RHC), to join us as a Director/Associate Partner in the team and be based in Riyadh. You will lead our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile advisory engagements.
Your key responsibilities
As a Director/Associate Partner within Transaction Real Estate you are likely to spend your day meeting with clients to develop a portfolio of engagements, working on strategic issues with client management while also ensuring quality delivery and excellent client service. You will also be responsible for building strong client relationships, spotting opportunities for new business, leading the engagements, managing engagement budgets as well as developing and coaching junior members of the team.
Skills and attributes for success
• We support clients with their evolving business strategy throughout the real estate lifecycle with the following services:
• Development and Strategic Advisory – feasibility studies, highest-and-best use analysis, concept ideation/development, destination strategy, tourism product development (leisure and entertainment), growth/expansion/market entry strategies
• Valuation – including purchase price allocation of real property or portfolios for purposes of financial or tax reporting
• Transaction due diligence (buy-side and sell-side/carve-out) – including lender diligence, real estate M&A diligence, real estate asset diligence, transaction closing proration
• Operational diligence and performance reviews for hotels, malls and leisure/entertainment assets
• Capital markets – including capital strategy for property and real estate entities, raising equity capital or debt
• To qualify for the role you must have
• At least 10 years of related work experience in the Real Estate Sector
• Experience in commercial real estate, hospitality or tourism with focus on strategy, development, acquisitions/investments, due diligence, real estate valuation, loan underwriting, asset management, finance, or market research
• A bachelor's degree or higher in real estate, economics, finance, business or engineering
• Willingness to travel in the region (approximately 25% to 50%)
• Advanced Excel and financial modelling expertise. Argus experience strongly desired
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Previous real estate experience in professional services/Big 4 or strategy consulting firm, or industry experience with prominent developers on large scale projects
• A master’s, MBA or relevant qualification (CFA, CAIA)
• RICS qualification
• Middle East experience
• High business acumen and strategic mind set
• Arabic language fluency
What we look for
• We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers with a passion for real estate and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our clients goals.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, we have a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most recognized and engaging leaders in the profession
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.