Job description / Role
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, Makkah clock Royal Tower, exceptional service and flavors are the hallmarks of every dining experience. As Director, Food & Beverage, your leadership and vision will ensure outstanding operating results through exciting menu offerings and promotions, an engaged team and consistent guest satisfaction.
About Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities-throughout North America and the caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific-as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards.
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel.
Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity.
A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
• Makkah clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel, is located only a few steps away from the Masjid Al Haraam and the Holy Ka'aba. This 76-story hotel, one of the world's tallest, is the focal point of the Abraj Al Bait complex, part of the King Abdul Aziz Endowment Project. The Hotel authentic hospitality is seen throughout 858 rooms.
The Director, Food & Beverage is responsible for the overall success of the Food & Beverage Division, which includes the performance of our 9 outlets as well as In-Room Dining Service, In-Room Refreshment centre, Banquets, Kitchen and Stewarding operations.
The successful candidate must be dynamic, enthusiastic and passionate about food and beverage. He will work to achieve maximum sales and profits as well as guest satisfaction and employee engagement while adhering to established company policies and standards. He will form a close working relationship with the members of the Executive committee and Department Heads.
Proven ability to drive revenue, forecast accurately and enhance profitability as well as strong coaching and leadership development talents are a pre-requisite.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Hotel Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• The mandate of the Director, Food & Beverage is to plan and direct the Hotel's food and beverage operations ensuring the balance between delivering excellent guest service, maximizing profitability and supporting the development of all colleagues to their highest potential.
• Participate actively at Executive committee and Revenue Management meetings.
• Key member of the Leadership and crisis Management teams.
• Assist in the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the hotel's Business Plan, which includes the annual Operating Budget, Marketing & Sales Plan and capital Budget as well as the Strategic Plan.
• Ownership and implementation of the Hotel's strategic plan and accompanying tactics for success.
• Ensure the development and accuracy of monthly, quarterly and annual financial outlooks for the Food & Beverage Division.
• Set and monitor staffing levels and productivity targets with the goal of ensuring a balance between service and profitability.
• Coordinate the planning and implementation of Food & Beverage capital projects.
• Role models our service promises and ensures all reporting departments have a keen focus on delivery of our service essentials.
• Ensure highest Guest Service Satisfaction results through monitoring and analysis of JD Power reports and implementation of appropriate action plans.
• Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls and seek innovative ways to improve performance on a regular basis.
• Develop menus, promotions, specifications and standards for all food and beverage operations.
• Work with the food & beverage team to develop signature services for each outlet and Banquets Department.
• Seek opportunities to create awareness and positioning through community involvement and exposure in local media.
• Ensure the smooth operation and coordination of the food and beverage operating departments through their respective Department Heads.
• Active involvement in the recruitment process for all food & beverage positions to ensure the hiring of the very best candidates.
• Support, guide, direct and develop Department Heads and Managers in providing direction.
• Ensure regular, effective communication with all food & beverage colleagues through daily shift briefings, individual departmental communication meetings, Fairmont Fundamentals development and daily interaction in all departments.
• 5 to 7 years of progressive management experience in hotels, restaurants & operations management.
• Degree/Diploma from a recognized Hotel and Restaurant Management Program.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player attitude.
• Knowledge of the Micros system, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Excellent culinary and beverage knowledge.
• Familiarity of general accounting principles and policies.
• Ability to analyze data and trends and create strategies for improvement.
• Innovative, creative and willing to take risks.
• Results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure.
• Bilingual in both official languages an asset.
• Candidate selection will be based on visa availability at Makkah clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation
Living & Working at Fairmont Makkah:
Satisfying our Guests is important to us, and we extend these values to our colleagues as well. We offer competitive salaries, top market service charge, gratuities, quality medical benefits and furnished accommodation. It is important to note that there are currently no income taxes in the Saudi Arabia! Makkah clock Royal Tower-A Fairmont Hotel offers you an unparalleled opportunity to provide top-tier hospitality and spiritual service to visitors of the holiest city in the world for Muslims.
About the Company
We are thrilled to embark on an exciting new chapter as Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, and our unrivaled collection of iconic hotels including Fairmont San Francisco, Fairmont The Norfolk, Nairobi, Fairmont Banff Springs, London's The Savoy and the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, join AccorHotels Group, one of the world's largest global hotel companies. Together, as a global community of hospitality leaders, we remain committed to cultivating a culture in which our colleagues are encouraged to realize their full potential through rewarding experiences and development opportunities. This exciting growth translates into opportunities, not just to better meet the needs of our guests, but opportunities for you to grow your career within our incredible brands around the world!
With our distinctive hotels around the world - and more in development - our global hospitality brand is renowned for its warm, engaging service and unique, culturally rich experiences. Located in some of the world's most unforgettable destinations, Fairmont's unrivalled collection reflects a sense of heritage, sophistication, and social importance. We are also committed to responsible tourism and are an industry leader in sustainable hotel management with our award-winning Green Partnership Program.
We have a 100 year tradition of delivering excellent service in some of the most iconic properties in the world. Our focus on service begins with selecting talented individuals who embody our Brand Promise: Turning moments into memories for our guests