Job description / Role
The IT Infrastructure and Operations Director’s role is to plan, organize, and manage staff and overall operations to ensure the stable operation of the organization’s IT infrastructure and Operations. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly network infrastructure, server infrastructure, data communications, telecommunications systems, Collaboration and productivity applications, Service desk, IT Service management and Stores IT equipment. The Infrastructure and Operations Director will also schedule and direct activities to resolve hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
Strategy & Planning
• Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements.
• Ensure the efficient utilization of IT resources – including personnel and equipment – across the organization.
• Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for infrastructure administration and infrastructure and operations related to project management.
• Oversee all reports and documentation related to network and systems operations.
• Develop maintenance schedules for network and systems equipment.
• Participate in the development of IT strategies in collaboration with the executive team.
• Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of all infrastructure procurement and development efforts.
• Establish service level agreements with business units.
Formal Education & Certification
• University degree in the field of computer science or information systems and 10-15 years equivalent work experience in Infrastructure and Operations Role.
• Certifications in Network Administration, Windows and Unix Systems Administration, ITIL.
Knowledge & Experience
• 10-15 years’ experience managing and delivering infrastructure design and operational excellence.
• 3-5 years successful leadership of an infrastructure team.
• Proven experience in IT infrastructure strategic planning and development, project management, and policy development.
• Good understanding and technical knowledge of current network and PC operating systems, hardware, protocols, and standards.
• Exceptional knowledge of service and application delivery, as well as successful service level agreement accomplishments.
• Hands-on experience in setting up Enterprise Service Management, Office 365 administration, Cisco Networking Equipment, Unix and Windows based systems. Experience with IBM AS/400 preferred.
• Knowledge of current protocols and standards, including ITIL.
• Conversant with programming languages such as PowerShell, Bash.
• Application support experience with Cherwell, Service Now or any similar ESM software.
• Experience in interpreting the applicability of local and federal laws/regulations to company operations.
About the Company
Emerald Technology is a global talent acquisition company specialising in providing technology start-ups and global enterprises with exceptional human capital and infrastructure.
We identify and select the best talent for global technology vendors & provide start-ups with an end-to-end infrastructure service to ensure exponential growth.
We are a truly global company with offices all over the world and can facilitate the international needs of your business whether you’re currently situated in - or expanding into - EMEA, APAC, North America or LATAM.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
A Leading Investment Hub in the UAE
IT Project Manager (Infrastructure)
NSI & Bluefin Talent
IT Support Specialist
IT Project Manager
Manpower Middle East