Director - Nature Conservation & Wildlife
Job description / Role
* Lead innovative conservation ecosystem management programs.
* Lead design and establishment of terrestrial nature protected areas and their management, and restoration and rewilding of the areas.
Our client plays a key contribution to Saudi Vision 2030.
Vision 2030 is a sustainable vision for the future of Saudi Arabia with sustainability at the heart of everything the Kingdom does, from policy development and investment to planning and infrastructure.
* Establish and implement strategic direction of Department, and develop nature conservation/management and wildlife management strategies.
* Establishing a comprehensive network of protected areas and related infrastructure and management systems.
* Support design and implementation of the restoration and rewilding of protected areas.
* Lead and manage all aspects related to Nature Conservation and Wildlife Management, including oversight of team and external contractors, management of project budgets, partnership building.
* Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with a comprehensive program to reduce pressures on the nature and reverse trends of environmental degradation.
* Identify technological solutions to conservation challenges and visitor experience management.
* Assist developing and leveraging innovative scientific methods, analyses, tools, and frameworks to address challenges associated with conservation and uses of nature.
* Establish and strengthen partnerships with internal and external stakeholders and local, national, regional and international bodies.
* Competitive salary package + Benefits such as Relocation Assistance, Visa, Medical & Annual flights (this is a family based position as well)
Required (in terrestrial conservation and natural resource management):
* 15 years+ of experience in protected areas management and leadership, conservation program design and management, natural resource management, preferably from KSA and/or GCC.
* Relevant experience in conservation and wildlife management plans
* Bachelor's degree or preferably PhD in nature conservation, environmental sciences or related area.
* Experience working with private sector, leading conservation entities, government, or NGO.
* Experience working on complex scale or major projects of strategic importance; developing nature conservation policy and plans.
* Experience with financial management of large programs.
* Adept with industry trends and practices in conservation management and science.
* Experienced in partnership development.
* Knowledge / experience with international organisations, standards and agreements
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.