Job description / Role
• Responsible for the development and implementation of an effective and efficient financial planning and budgeting framework.
• Manage and direct the day-to-day financial operations while ensuring full compliance with appropriate financial management standards and regulatory requirements
• Ensure the integrity of the financial statements, and provision of timely and reliable financial information and report to various internal and external stakeholders.
• Support the CEO in the development of the corporate strategy to achieve the firm’s strategic intent and achieve business objectives including generating revenue, achieving profitability and sustaining growth.
• Monitor the progress of plans, programmes and initiatives of the Finance Function and ensure they are implemented to achieve the desired outcomes.
• Monitor the Finance Function performance against pre-set performance goals to ensure that progress is being made in the desirable direction and preventive/corrective actions are taken accordingly.
• Direct the development of estimated budgets and monitor the expenditures and financial performance.
• Provide recommendations to the CEO on relevant financial requirements to implement business operations and activities, and ensure the optimal utilization of these financial resources.
• Responsible for establishing and maintaining a single and centralized Chart of Accounts to record all accounting allocations in order to maintain, classify and report the financial transactions of the firm.
• Establish effective accounting procedures and control systems.
• Develop financial policies, procedures and guidelines for the firm.
• Oversee the analysis on budgets received from the various departments and prepare a consolidated budget for the firm.
• Monitor variances between budgeted and actual expenditures; and distribute reports to the respective Department.
• Develop and maintain appropriate product level models to ensure adequate pricing coverage and enhance decision making.
• Monitor cash flow and report major deviations from the cash flow projection.
• Responsible for oversight of financial internal controls and coordination of all financial audits.
• Review the firm’s annual accounts and liaise with external auditors.
• Advise on contract negotiations from a financial impact perspective.
• Oversee the financial statements review process and provide feedback
• Ensure that the firm complies with all the relevant financial and statutory requirements.
• Keep updated with financial reporting standards and accounting standards, relevant regulations and industry best practice.
• Maintain external relationships with banks, auditors, and third party vendors.
• Conduct periodic meetings with subordinates to ensure that business priorities are clear and workflow is running smoothly.
• Monitor and evaluate the performance of subordinates and their respective functions and ensure compliance with corporate policies and objectives, as well as assess their contributions/ efforts towards attaining the set objectives.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or a related field.
• Master’s degree in related field is preferential.
• CPA, CA, CMA or other similar or international professional qualifications are an added advantage.
• 13-16 years of experience in the Finance and Accounting field; preferable within the Logistics/Transportation sector.
• 7-10 years of experience in a Senior Strategic Leadership role; 3 years of experience in role may substitute for an advanced degree.
About the Company
Human Capital House was set up in the year 2013 with a vision to be a progressive talent acquisition partner for organizations within the local and regional market in the Middle East.
As international markets get ever demanding, corporations globally are presented with the challenges of attracting the right talent. Human capital retention and recruitment remain a critical factor to the success of any company. Strategic decision to recruit the right talent is a key issue to organization as wrong candidate selection can potentially be disastrous to their efficiency.
The critical aspect of choosing the right individual with the apt experience and knowledge becomes more crucial as he/she would need to share the ambitions of the employer, while fitting in to the new culture. Human Capital House has both the experience and expertise to help its clients make the right choice of selection. From understanding client requirements, through identifying and assessing the candidates, our systematic approach strives to ensure successful executive recruitment.