Job description / Role
The Director of Housekeeping is responsible for managing all aspects of the housekeeping department to ensure the highest level of cleanliness and guest satisfaction. He will oversee a team of housekeepers and will be responsible for hiring, training, and scheduling employees. Also, he will be responsible for creating and implementing departmental policies and procedures and will be in charge of budgeting and inventory. The ideal candidate will have previous experience managing a housekeeping department in a hotel or similar setting. The candidate must also be able to work well under pressure and have excellent time management skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Schedule and assign work to subordinates, taking into account special projects, workload balancing, and vacation/time-off requests
- Inspect guest rooms, public areas, and back-of-the-house areas to ensure they meet established standards of cleanliness and orderliness
- Investigate complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment, following up to ensure corrective action has been taken
- Recommend or arrange for additional services such as carpet cleaning and window washing
- Coordinate work activities with other departments such as engineering, laundry, and security to ensure maximum efficiency
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for the department
- Select and purchase new furniture, fixtures, and equipment for the department, within established budget guidelines
- Train new employees in job duties and company policies and safety procedures
- Evaluate employee performance and take disciplinary action when necessary
- Prepare weekly work schedules and submit to the Executive Housekeeper for approval
- Monitor inventory of supplies and equipment, ordering new supplies and equipment as needed
- Prepare annual budget for the department and submit to the Executive Housekeeper for approval
- 5+ years experience in a housekeeping management role
- Proven track record of successful team leadership and development
- Excellent communication, customer service, and time-management skills
- Ability to delegate responsibility while maintaining control of department operations
- Working knowledge of MS Office and ability to learn new software applications
- High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.