Director of Human Resources
TXM Recruit - Dubai (TXM Labour Supply)
Job description / Role
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for managing the human resources function to meet the strategic business objectives of two assets, totalling 80 keys.
He/she plays a strategic role in planning, developing, and directing the human resources functions at the resorts to attract, retain, develop and motive employees in a cost-effective manner in accordance with labour laws, policies and procedures.
General Responsibilities Include:
• Participate in the development and preparation of the resort strategic plan.
• Manage the human resources department, recommending long-term goals and developing and implementing strategies to meet them.
• Develop, maintain, and continually review HR policies & procedures, practices and personnel administration systems, updating and/or recommending improvements as appropriate to management.
• Ensure an adequate level and quality of staffing in the resort by establishing a recruitment and selection process and effective tools to attract talented candidates in a timely manner.
• Draft regular reports on human resources activities as required by the Executive Team.
• Coordinate and assist heads of department in the preparation of the resort’s manning guide and training budget and ensures that staffing levels are in line with the annual manning guide budget.
• Oversee the training and development function in the resort to meet the strategic business objectives.
• Recommend and review the salary and benefits structure based on periodic surveys ensuring that the hotel is offering fair packages contributing to the attraction and the retention of the right targeted employees.
• Keep abreast of the Local Labour Laws and ensure they are respected by all HR processes.
• Ensure Resort Accommodation requirements are within approved budgets and is managed in coordination with accommodation team.
• Ensure clear lines of communication exist to disseminate information affecting employer-employee relations, employee activities and resorts policies and programs.
• Run and monitor the performance management system and acts in an advisory capacity to the resorts heads of departments on the process and actively participates in the succession and career development planning process to ensure proper staffing on long-term basis.
• Maintain links with government institutions, hotel schools and local professional associations.
• Establish and drive effective employee recognition, health & safety practices and social programs.
• Develop and maintain effective administration of personnel record-keeping, personnel files, personnel reports and statistics.
• Assist Cluster L&D in all KPI matters as well as identifying the yearly goals and objectives.
• Counsel staff at all levels as needed in areas such as recruitment, learning & development, career planning, employee relations, discipline, and HR legal issues
• Assist in other areas of the resort as and when required, carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Comply with the guidelines and policies established in the Colleague Handbook, Business Code of Conduct and Ethics policy, resort’s regulations on fire, hygiene, health and safety.
• Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene as per the resort’s grooming standards at all times.
• Maintain a good rapport and working relationship with colleagues in the department and all other departments.
• Attend and contribute to meetings, department and resort trainings and other scheduled activities.
• Project at all times a positive attitude.
The above is a summary of duties and as a key leader; you will be required to perform outside of those responsibilities with tasks that are relative to your position.
• Experience in management development and soft skills training
• Strong communication skills in English, both written and spoken
• Leadership as well as team management and financial experience
• Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic environment with a positive can-do attitude
• Strong time and task management
• Good working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Power Point.
• Knowledge of recruitment and selection techniques
• Financial, analytical and basic mathematical skills
• Excellent English language skills, Arabic is desirable
• Organizational skills
• Performance Management
• Career Development and Succession Planning
• Discipline and counselling skills
• Knowledge on compensation and benefits
• Exceptional personal presentation
• Diploma/Degree in Hospitality / Hotel / Human Resources
• Progressive experience of six (6) years in and HR Management position with a five-star hotel, minimum two years at a similar position; Island resort experience preferred
About the Company
TXM Labour Supply is an international recruitment and manpower company with a valid "on demand" labour licence.
Alongside recruitment we also provide clients with a complete business service, delivering HR, Payroll, Administration and Sponsorship support.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Head of HR
|Saudi Arabia||8 Jan|
Human Resources Director
Quest Search & Selection
|Saudi Arabia||3 Mar|
Al Rajhi Hydraulic Center (RHC)
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Macdonald and Company