Job description / Role
Director Marketing & Communications
Sales & Marketing
Leadership received from (directly):
Leadership received from (indirectly):
Regional Marketing Manager
Sales & Marketing , F&B
Our Vision, we make moments
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is in the "moments" business. We're intimately involved in important times in our guests lives. And you never know when a moment can be made. A simple smile in the lobby can create the positivity that turns a business trip into a new business celebration. An insider tip on the best way to spend a day can make an entire holiday. A romantic dinner for two can lead to a longer term partnership.
It doesn't take much to make a moment. Just to be genuine. And human. And warm. And take steps to do the ordinary in an extraordinary way.
We understand that this vision cannot be achieved without great people who create and support work environments designed to produce exceptional results.
- Develop and maintain marketing strategies to meet the Mövenpick Hotel's objectives.
- Produce collaterals and marketing and advertising products, regulate their distribution, and operate within the Mövenpick hotels brand standards.
- Be a guardian of the Mövenpick Brand Standards
- Observe and report on Social Media channels information about own hotel and competitive set
- Observe and report on social, economic and political trends that might affect employers.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
Planning & Organizing:
- Implement marketing activities to deliver business objectives for strategic segments and departments Including F&B, Banqueting and Outside Catering.
- Develops a public relations program for the hotel based on its marketing goals.
- Establish and manage internal processes (and use of external resources) to track cultural, social and technological trends, travel market trends and competitor strategies across key markets
- Develop and maintain Marketing Intelligence Platform, consolidating external/internal data, research, tracking studies and other information sources to direct sales & marketing activity as appropriate
- In conjunction with the area office team conduct and manage market research/insights-process as necessary to inform development of marketing strategies
- Identify areas of opportunity (places, times, segments) and creatively & proactively put forward ways to realize the opportunities.
- Establishes and manages partnership marketing relationships with key partners and actively pursue other brand relationships with international and regional brands.
- To manage the nominated creative agencies and PR/communications agencies to maximize brand and hotel awareness.
- Assists in monitoring and controlling departmental costs on an ongoing basis to ensure performance against budget.
- Assists in the preparation of the hotel strategic plan, goals, and Marketing and Communications departmental budget.
- Demonstrate an interest in and an understanding of issues relevant to your department and hotel and keep your knowledge up to date, including legislative information
- Establishes and interprets key performance indicators to manage the business, consistently takes into account financial implications of business decisions and recommendations
- Develops annual marketing plan in conjunction with sales department, which details activities to follow during the year, which will focus on meeting organizational objectives.
- Adheres to the company code of conduct, employee handbook and hotel policies.
- Drive acquisition and usage of loyalty marketing programs with the support of Area and Regional colleagues (for example ALL )
- Demonstrates an understanding of competitors' major strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops media contacts, plans press conferences and other press activities. Acts as hotel's liaison with media to promote good publicity and counteract bad publicity.
- Adapt marketing material to meet local market needs.
- Develop an effective and strategic annual public relations and promotional calendar of activities for the hotel to include F&B activities, recreation and rooms.
- Keep properties informed of opportunities for media coverage, and to assist in providing information when required.
- To establish and to maintain an effective working relationship with all members of target media, electronic and print, local, national and international to encourage and maximize coverage of the property and its events.
- To host invited members of the media, strategic partners and top clients at functions and events.
- Ghost write articles and features and create/edit news releases and Q&A for the Mövenpick Hotel
- Create a positive hotel image in every interaction with internal and external customers.
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge in order to explain and sell services and facilities to guests.
- Maintain knowledge of special programs and events in the hotel in order to recognize and respond to guests needs.
- Generate new ideas and encourage creativity from other team members.
- Be receptive to new ideas and respond to workplace changes in a flexible and optimistic manner.
- Promote your ideas persuasively, and shape the opinion of subordinates and overcome resistance.
- Build consensus for action and negotiate mutually beneficial solutions to problems.
- Establish influential contacts with suppliers
- Establishes sales leads from the study of magazines, newspapers and form personal contacts; coordinates sales leads with Conferencing and Sales Departments.
- Establishes a program for sending promotional news to trade publications on a regular basis releases covering special events, promotions, etc.
- Prepares promotional press releases on personalities among guests and employees of the hotel and on newsworthy events in the hotel
- Provides information to other departments on activities within and outside the hotel which may be useful when dealing with guests
- Accepts clients and media complaints, requests, and inquiries and coordinates handling with departments concerned.
- Coordinates marketing activities with the Sales team.
- Maintains good public relations by extending personalized service to VIPs. e.g. following up on reservations for VIPs, assisting in greeting VIPs and groups upon their arrival, sending welcome letter to VIP guests
- Coordinates guest lists and invitations for VIP receptions, luncheons, dinners, etc.
- Develop hotel gifts and giveaways
- Builds profile within local market place through attendance at various events and local market place
- Co-ordinates hotel photography when required.
- Plans and coordinates sponsorship activities.
- Works in harmony with all team members and executives, manage public relations subjects of the hotel; Journalists, Officials, local community, Corporate Public Relations MH&R
- Maintain a smooth information flow inside the hotel, i.e. to update department heads and staff about all concerning news of the hotel and the hotel chain.
- Update social media with hotel description, features, pictures etc.
- Update news, promotions and any other hotel relevant information on social media sites.
- Organize competitions on social media sites.
- Prepare marketing & public relations activities on a monthly basis and review with Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Invite local based clubs and people to join social media sites.
- Investigate relevant online marketing channels which are widely frequented by users and are more effective in terms of exposure, make contact with channels and source media kits.
- Securing value added benefits and negotiating excellent rates with third parties.
- Provide correct hotel description and hotel photos for uploading on to online business directories, destination guides and free listings where possible.
- To manage all aspects of print production, receipt and distribution.
- Maintains clipping files pertaining to the hotel based on daily perusal of the media sharing copies with the General Manager , other departments, other sister hotels, and corporate public relations
- Develop a database of regional and international publications and media contacts.
- Maintains mailing list/contact file
- Maintains an accurate and up to date hotel photo file
- To be continuously active with social and digital media.
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts reserves the right to revise all job descriptions from time to time as business needs demand. Other duties may be assigned as & when necessary. The above-mentioned job description attempts to outline key aspects of the role, however, does not limit its right to assign other duties to an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Director Marketing Communications
Director of Marketing
Quest Search & Selection
|Saudi Arabia||7 Apr|
Marketing Director - Non-Digital
Quest Search & Selection
Director of Sales - Saudi National
Head of Marketing
Middle East Executive