Job description / Role
The Director of Media Relations is responsible for managing the press office and media centre, overseeing a diverse team with responsibilities that include crisis communication, spokesperson support, media training and both reactive and proactive media engagement.
Our client is a government entity that is entrusted to lead and monitor key Saudi 2030 Vision programs, hence making them a critical part of and a pillar entity to the Vision.
* The senior point of contact for all Vision 2030 media enquiries, providing sign-off and support for media engagement and responses
* Ensure alignment between Vision 2030 Press Office and other key entities so that Vision related media commentary is effectively tracked and responded to
* Develop and maintain strong relations with influential journalists and publications across key Vision 2030 markets, helping to ensure effective communication of Vision strategy and successes
* Oversee media training of relevant spokespeople.
* Act as senior point of contact for media during crisis communications
* Create and manage effective process for receiving media enquiries and responding efficiently
* Input on Vision 2030 communications strategy implementation and refresh, ensuring key media concerns and stakeholders are appropriately engaged
* Provide media relations advice and guidance to the Vision Unit's other department heads, and up to Vision Deputy Director and Director
* Liaise directly with contracted agencies to ensure full alignment across performance, consistency and quality of work
* Develop the departments working culture, ensuring it is run in an efficient, collegiate and productive manner.
* Provide performance appraisals to all departmental employees
* Opportunity to contribute to the Saudi Arabia Vision 2030
* Attractive Salary Package
To be successful in this role you will need to possess the following
* Language - Arabic is essential
* Strong network of international & Domestic media contacts
* Experience in Performance Management
* Understanding of communications and public relations
* Understanding of communications strategy development
* Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Public Relations, or communications (Master's Degree is preferred) with a 10+ years of related experience
* At least 5-years' experience as senior media relations professional in a government department or international business
* Accompanying experience managing a communications department
* Considerable knowledge of public communications/relations practices and techniques
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
|Saudi Arabia||27 Mar|
Operations Managing Director - Events Company
Head of International Media - Reputational Management
|Saudi Arabia||16 Jul|
Operations Managing Director - Conference Company