Job description / Role
Director of Nursing - Saudi Arabia / KSA
Cassia is urgently looking for Director of Nursing or our client in Saudi Arabia. We are working with one of the largest medical groups in the Middle East. This organization has almost a dozen branches across different cities of Saudi Arabia accompanied with a couple of branches in other GCC regions and employs over 15,000 employees.
- Ensures staff follow the established policies and procedures of the company.
- Complies with hospital infection control and safety protocols.
- Maintains high visibility in clinical areas.
- Staff Management including recruitment, education, training, evaluation and development, as well as preparation and delegation of work schedules and workflow.
- Managing almost a minimum staff of 300 nurses in a single shift
- Reviews, plans, manages and monitors the area budget.
- Develops, modifies and ensures implementation of Policies and Procedures.
- Participates in Committees and work groups as required.
- Actively participates in planning and development of new and expanded programs.
- Develops and implements directorate area strategic plans.
- Maintains high visibility.
- Maintains an open-door communication policy for area staff.
- Functions as a mediator and resource person across departmental lines.
- Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of the strategic plan for the Division of Nursing.
- Maintains all records pertaining to the operation of the area of assignment and generates reports as required.
Education & Research:
- Facilitates the development, implementation and evaluation of educational activities to meet the identified needs of managers, nursing and support personnel.
- Encourages and provides an environment to support scientific enquiry within a professional practice model.
- Assumes responsibility for own professional growth.
- Participate in teaching and mentoring of Nursing, Medical and Paramedical students, Interns and Residents. (but not very much preferred)
- Ensures corrective actions are implemented and maintained when performance deviates from the established policies/standards.
- Develops, implements and participates in Quality Management processes and activities.
- Establishes and maintains an environment that promotes and supports culturally sensitive professional nursing practice.
- Advocates for the needs of the patients and the clinical program; promotes the continuum of care.
- Creates a culture which empowers others to achieve, maximizing individual potential.
- Models skills of negotiation, critical thinking and team building.
- Promotes Hospital and Nursing's missions and demonstrates established values.
- Fosters collaborative relations and mutual understanding.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Registered Nurse with a current Nursing license
- Bachelor Degree (Western / EU / AUS / NZ standard)
- Master Degree in Nursing Management or simply management (Western / EU / AUS / NZ Standard) will be a plus but not that essential
- Minimum four (4) years clinical experience as a nursing director at least in an acute care setting where at least the candidate used to manage 95 - 200 staff under him or her
- Generally, 4 to 7 years of DON experience is required
- English Language Skills: Level l-Skilled
- Computer Skills: Expert will be a plus otherwise intermediate
- Salary: SAR 36,000 - 55,500 i.e. (US$ 9,570 - 15,000) net per month
- Family Villa or Apartment
- Housing Provided = 1000SAR i.e. (USD 265) if living outside the provided Housing
- Return airfare for employee and family
- Eligible dependents: 1 spouse + 2 children under 18 years old.
- Health Insurance including dental & optical provided to the employee and eligible / authorized dependents
- 2-years initial contract with 60 - 90 days probation
- Vacations: 30 days + 10 public holidays
About the Company
We are NOT just a recruitment agency. We are a PEOPLE'S Company. A team of dedicated professionals who believe in the well-being of the individual.
Cassia is a boutique healthcare recruitment company, offering high-value human resources to the growing demand of the Middle East medical industry. Our unique value proposition is based on placing highly qualified, experienced and well-prepared candidates from Western Nations into the rapidly expanding Middle Eastern healthcare market.