Job description / Role
Director of Operations
The Director of Operations manages the day to day operation of the hotel and must be able to consistently improve guest service, employee experience, and financial results. He/she must have solid experience in multiple operational departments with a focus on food and beverage with in-depth knowledge of Culinary, Restaurant Operations, Stewarding and Banquets. The ideal candidate is a high energy, solid performer with a passion for people and results.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting directly to the General Manager, the Director of Operations mandate is to assist in the planning and directing of the entire operation of the hotel. To ensure that guest expectations are consistently exceeded, deliver superior operating performance, provide ownership a return on their investment, and inspire an open innovative learning environment for all of our Colleagues and Leaders to allow them to reach their full potential. Operations that directly report to this position include: Rooms, Food & Beverage, Spa, Security Housekeeping and Engineering. More specifically, the Director, Operations will:
- Actively participate in the strategic planning and ongoing development of the hotel, including revenue forecasting, ensuring the delivery of our environment commitments, overseeing the health, safety and security of our guests and colleagues.
- Lead and support all departments in the achievement of their financial and operational targets via effective organizational development, policy and procedural development, and appropriate colleague training activities, thus ensuring our shareholders receive their return on investment.
- Clearly demonstrate to guests and colleagues a commitment to service excellence through the effective implementation and delivery of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Core Standards at all times.
- Foster a winning, solution-oriented work environment, motivating and engaging colleagues to continuously deliver the best possible service to our guests.
- Direct operational needs to ensure compliance with the hotel's Annual Budget and Strategic Plan.
- Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for Rooms and Food & Beverage are on time, on-target and accurate.
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of capital projects.
- Monitor and act on staffing levels and productivity targets.
- Update and ensure timely awareness of the hotel's business continuity plan as well as its emergency and crisis management plans.
- Function as a key member of the hotel Executive Committee and leadership team.
- Assume the responsibilities of the General Manager in his absence
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.