Job description / Role
- Assist Front Office, Night Audit and Reservations team in the successful operation of their department with a key focus on:
- Customer service, customer relations, sales, correct room allocation, FO reports, innovative packages, yield management; ledger administration, staff costs, reporting, reservation systems.
- Assist the F & B team in the successful operation of their department especially in the areas of:
* F&B cost and control, standards and quality, budgets, efficiency and profitability, health and safety, menu and beverage list compilation, sales and marketing.
- Manage the relationship with the housekeeping contractors, ensuring that Hotel Sofitel; Brand and Service standards are met.
- Complete month end reporting on Rooms and F & B.
- Ensure public areas are clean and well presented with regular checking.
- Regular liaison with Maintenance ensuring maintenance requests are completed quickly focusing on guest needs as a priority.
- Ensure there is management support and presence is visible on the Front Desk and in the Restaurants area at any key time.
- Adherence to Emergency Communication procedures ensuring that enquiries from the media are only responded to by the nominated spokesperson
- Establish in conjunction with the General Manager financial performance targets for revenue, expenditure and market share and ensure departments achieve these targets.
- Develop working plans to meet targets; compare actual achievements against targets periodically; take necessary corrective action if not on target.
- Ensure all billing is accurate and correct monies are collected. Assist Finance Department, as required, in collection of monies owing from customers.
- Review guest files that are exceeding hotel limits and follow up.
- Ensure thorough checks on shift banking and that correct cash handling procedures are followed.
- Establish the Annual Business Plan and Financial Budget in conjunction with the General Manager and Financial Controller.
- Ensure departments adhere to the departmental budget through the Purchase Order System and inventory controls.
- Be pro-active in controlling costs being fully aware of forecasted business and targeted profitability whilst maintaining standards.
- Ensure that the Departments establish and maintain an on-going quality improvement programme through use of Accor guest book and Brand Audit.
- Achieve a level of service quality that consistently meets and preferably exceeds the expectations of guests.
- Attend to major operational problems and needs promptly including customer complaints, enquiries and requests.
- Practice positive problem solving and win win approaches in all aspects of customer service.
- Answer all correspondence and enquiries received during the working week within 24 hours of receipt; maintain good public relations with customers.
- Maintain staff focus on 'the Customer's need', individualising and personalising service where possible, encourage staff to use their own initiative.
- Encourage and maintain customer feedback regarding product and services in the Hotel. Listen to and take action on this feedback.
- Ensure that customer safety and security is maintained to high levels at all times.
- Assist managers and supervisors to present neat, clean and functionally operating outlets.
- Manage the Hotel's assets in all areas to protect their long-term investment value.
- Maintain a register of all service equipment maintenance and breakages; ensure that regular programmed maintenance is carried out to manufacturers specifications.
- Ensure confidentiality and secure storage of all intellectual property and data bases, both hard copy and electronic.
- Utilise internet and email strictly in conjunction with Accor Internet and Email policy
- Be fully conversant with the Hotel's fire and emergency evacuation procedures.
- Report any damages to Hotel, guests or staff assets on the appropriate incident report form.
The position has all authority needed to achieve the above outcomes, the only limitations being;
- All capital expenditure must be approved by the General Manager prior to commitment,
- Recruitment of staff to follow manning guides, procedures for recruitment and be in consultation with the General Manager or Regional DHR.
- Disciplining and performance counselling of department staff up to termination stage; following disciplinary procedures and in consultation with the General Manager or Regional DHR.
- Promotion, transfer and/or changes to staff wages/salaries only after consultation with the General Manager or Regional DHR.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
RTC-1 Employment Services
Strategy and Operations Director
|Saudi Arabia||29 Apr|
Director of Facilities Management
|Saudi Arabia||28 Feb|
Operations Director - Facility Management