Job description / Role
Description - External
Director of Revenue Management
The Director of Revenue is responsible for planning, managing, and optimizing the hotel's revenue streams to achieve optimal occupancy, while meeting and exceeding hotel profit objectives. Responsible for developing a pricing and distribution strategy, in accordance with the brand's recommendations.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Director of Revenue Management is responsible:
- Driving incremental revenue and profit for the hotel using a rational, disciplined decision-making process while managing risk under current and anticipated market conditions.
- Maximizing room revenue contribution through a thorough understanding of all booking channels and management of inventory, content, and rates therein.
- Continual analysis of changing channel distribution models and the impact on consumer booking trends.
- Optimizing hotel and corporate pricing strategies through definition and management of all rates, rate levels, and other tactics to reflect demand and other market conditions.
- Effectively managing rates through all distribution channels.
- Leading the Revenue Team.
- Working with the DOSM and the Head of Marketing to determine effective and engaging rate offers and packages and ensuring that these offers target the right customer through the right channels.
- Monitoring transient and group booking pace to determine pricing and availability controls for all reservation distribution channels. Agree and implement changes accordingly.
- Completing all rooms and revenue forecasts in a timely manner to accurately project demand.
- Fully utilizing the Revenue Optimization Cycle of the Revenue Management System and ensuring that the appropriate overrides are in place, special events are accurately loaded, and the sharing of knowledge within the system is maintained.
- Working with the DOSM and Sales Team members to encourage strategic selection of the right pieces of business.
- Tracking and analysis of competitive set pricing and yield strategies, gaining the ability to predict the comp set reaction to changes in the marketplace.
- Monitoring the market, market conditions, new entrants and other data and information that may influence the hotel performance.
- Playing a pivotal role in the Strategic Planning, Marketing Plan, and budgeting processes.
- Chairing and preparing materials for the weekly Revenue Strategy Meetings and following the company guidelines for meeting content.
- Preparing revenue updates as required by the Revenue Team.
- Participating in community and RM professional organizations to maintain high visibility and promote a positive image of the hotel.
- Providing leadership, motivation and support to the RevenueTeam.
- Conducting monthly departmental meetings and weekly briefings.
- Ensuring all Reservation Agents and Sales Managers are aware of all rates, promotions and corporate programs at all times.
- Any other responsibilities as required.
The successful candidate will have strong leadership ability and a minimum of 5 years' experience as a Revenue Director, ideally in a luxury market and must be able to illustrate previous successes in a comparable luxury environment.
Passionate about the hospitality industry and culture, you are passionate about delivering excellence in our guest experience. You will have
Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
Strong problem-solving abilities
Strong business acumen
Strong numerical reasoning
Be familiar with the latest digital platforms to maximize revenues
A strategic thinker
Highly responsible & reliable
Have the ability to work cohesively as part of a team
Have the ability to focus attention on both guest needs, while balancing colleague needs and remaining calm and courteous
Your team and working environment:
- Working a fast-paced team environment
- Shifts will be during the day, evening, and weekend
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company, and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are, and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities. By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.