Job description / Role
Director of Rooms
Raffles Makkah is searching for an enthusiastic individual who is looking for the experience and growth opportunity of a lifetime. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Director of Rooms will lead the Front Office (Telephone, Concierge & Guest Relations and Raffles Spa & Wellness) Housekeeping & Laundry departments. Through thoughtful and innovative leadership, the successful candidate will continue to nurture and mentor a highly engaged Leadership & Colleague Team, resulting in continued improvements to Financial Results, Guest Service, Colleague Engagement and the consistent delivery of our Brand Promise.
Hotel Overview: Raffles Makkah Palace promises the exceptional standards inherent in the Raffles name and enhanced by Arab hospitality values. Raffles Makkah Palace offers 214 Suites & duplex Villas with breathtaking views of the Masjid Al Haram, the Holy Ka'aba and the city. The hotel combines the best of local cuisine and international dishes in each of its four outlets creating a unique and welcoming atmosphere in this diving setting. Guests can also indulge and immerse themselves in a relaxing sensory experience in our world-renowned spa and fitness center or hold high-powered business gatherings in any of our state-of-the-art meeting rooms.
The main responsibilities of the Director of Operations include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service.
- Contributing Member of the Hotel Executive Committee.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Leadership, Guest Service excellence and our Brand Promise.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to Leaders and Colleagues alike, and create an environment that allows Leaders & Colleagues to exceed guest expectations and provide a path for career development with Raffles Hotels and Resorts.
- Lead by example.
- Responsible for the smooth and efficient operation of the Front Office (Front Desk, Telephone, Concierge & Guest Relations, Raffles Spa & Wellness), Housekeeping & Laundry departments.
- Establish and monitor effective goals and measurements for the Division through the utilization of the tools and resources with the Performance Management Program (PMP).
- Proactive and engaged recruitment, selection, training, mentoring and development of Leaders and Colleagues to ensure a Pipeline of Rooms Division talent is ready for promotion within the Hotel and within the Company.
- Ensures brand (including Loyalty & LQA) and service standards are in place, maintained, embraced, audited, improved upon and celebrated.
- Review industry trends for new and innovative product and service opportunities.
- Ensures that Guest and Colleague concerns are resolved satisfactory in a professional and timely manner, and create an environment where there is a feeling of ownership by all departments when it comes to Guest & Colleague concerns.
- Customer Service Champion - lead all Rooms Division departments to monitor, engage, support and embrace Voice of the Guest & Social Media Guest Satisfaction daily, monthly & yearly results and rankings to ensure there is a consistent focus of continued improvement.
- Active participant and leader for all Rooms and public area Capital & Renovation projects.
- Actively involved in Health & Safety, including Execute Health & Safety mandate throughout division including standard health & Safety policies and practices.
- Key active participant on the hotel Revenue Management Team, and continued focus to ensure revenue and inventory management practices are in place so as to maximize revenues for the Hotel and for the Owners.
- Maximization of revenues and effective cost control.
- Utilizes labor management tools and tactics to ensure the right amount of people are in the right place at the right time for the right job.
- Responsible for Crisis management plans for the Division, and being an active member of hotel crisis management team.
- Development of annual & monthly Operational & Capital Budgets & Forecasts; expenses, staffing levels and productivity.
- Involved in the development and execution of the Hotel Strategic Plan.
- Effective and timely interaction with all Hotel departments including participation and representation in hotel wide meetings /committees as required.
- Ensure representation of division on hotel environmental committee. Ensure environmental initiatives are adhered to, and new and innovative environmental opportunities are implemented.
- Maintain excellent relationships with business partners and the community.
- Other duties & responsibilities as assigned
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a Front Office Manager, Executive Housekeeper or previous Rooms Division position.
- Proven ability to effectively lead, motivate, coach and develop your team.
- Strong guest service orientation and training skills background.
- Highly motivated, organized, goal and results oriented individual who thrives under pressure.
- Effective tracking and follow up skills.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Front Office and Housekeeping operations, policies, procedures and Expense management.
- Operational knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.