Job description / Role
Billed as 'the first luxurious integrated resort in Jeddah', Rixos Obhur Jeddah will meet the increasing demand for luxurious hospitality paired with high-quality leisure activities in the area. Among its many highlights will be a fun water park and an exclusive private beach.
The resort will host guests in 247 residential units, including 174 rooms and 73 villas with a Club Prive lounge, as well as a fine-dining restaurant, two specialty beach restaurants and a lounge bar.
Other amenities are to include a central ballroom for events, meeting rooms, a fitness centre, a spa, kids and teens clubs, and several swimming pools. All of this will be set amid green landscaping, golden beaches and a port.
How will your day be
You will work closely with different departments to foster proactive sales, brand and hotel operations, manage sales guidelines and ensure the sales team has the support they need to effectively execute revenue strategies. You will also ensure sales, restoration, and reporting systems are fully configured, used, and contain accurate data and reporting.
Additionally you will ensure that our clients' material (proposals, contracts, menus and other materials) is up-to-date and in line with the brand.
Here are some of the responsibilities that await you;
Planning & Organizing:
- Develop, implement and manage the Sales business plan and sales strategy to ensure the hotel is well positioned across existing and emerging markets and market segments, therefore achieving and exceeding forecast and budget.
- Preparation of the annual Sales budget and business plan taking into consideration Market Mix, occupancy levels, Average Room Rate & Rev. Par, yield management and revenue streams throughout both rooms and food & beverage, including the marketing plan of how the same will be achieved.
- Conduct regular thorough analysis of the market and more specifically the hotel competitor set ensuring the hotel is well positioned rate and yield management structure wise to achieve and maintain the budgeted Revenue Generated Index rating.
- Develop, implement and manage rates structures and strategies through market data review and demand analysis.
- Develop, implement and manage the process of developing sales leads and qualifying the same across all business units within the hotel, ensuring all key employees are familiar with and understand this process.
- Manage the RFP Process timely and evaluate success rate.
- Establish materialization goals for key accounts and market segments for each team member and monitor and manage the same.
- Monitor and manage the departmental operating expenses in line with budget and forecast.
- Manage the co-ordination of all strategic Sales activities in line with the Area Sales Office.
- In conjunction with Human Resources department conduct interviews with candidates for roles in the sales department and prepare job descriptions for the same.
- Ensure all Standard Operating Procedures and Contracts for the sales department are written, reviewed and approved as and when necessary.
- Develop, review and manage departmental work schedules, ensuring adequate Sales coverage and representation both in the hotel and the market, including scheduling marketing calls, trips, site inspections and familiarization.
In partnership with the Ennismore area office and other sister properties Sales & Marketing teams, plan and manage all related marketing exhibitions, trade and road shows ensuring the hotel leverages an effective commercial return from attending and participating in such events, whilst at the same time conducting an after event analysis on these returns to gauge the suitability of participating in future events.
- Train and develop the Sales team in the departmental Standard Operating Procedures and ensure all employees are certified to these standards.
- Maintain a keen interest and sense of market intelligence and trends in order to provide leadership and management on market perspectives, patterns & emerging trends, tools and techniques to further develop, position and promote the property.
- Initiate, develop and manage long term positive relationships with leading tour operators, OTA's market managers, corporate key accounts ensuring longevity support, a healthy market share and penetration for the property.
- Conduct and participate in revenue meeting, daily/weekly/monthly strategic marketing and management meeting.
- Schedule and conduct in conjunction with the Sales team a minimum of 5-7 personal sales calls and 10 telephone marketing calls per day, ensuring the outcome of all marketing calls are monitored measuring the success of each call and ensuring the appropriate management and follow up is carried out through daily morning and afternoon departmental briefings.
- Identify, source & develop business opportunities and negotiate contracts with potential partners from across all market segments and business feeders.
- Drive and manage the performance targets of the marketing team members, including completion of performance appraisals, KPI measurement, business materialization of managed market segments & accounts, coaching counselling and performance management in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Maintain a consistent focus on improving the overall flow of sales operations, seeking ways to maximize and improve the operation through productivity management and energy savings programs.
- Lead and support employees towards the achievement of financial, operational and service delivery targets via effective organizational policy and procedural development and appropriate employee training activities.
- Foster a winning, solution-oriented work environment, motivating and engaging employees to continuously deliver the best possible service and to provide feedback and suggestions.
- Ensure departments employees, including yourself possess a complete understanding of and to adhere to Ennismore's policy relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- Ensure a consistently high standard of grooming aligned to the hotels grooming policy is followed and by yourself and the team.
- Actively review guest and business partner's comments and feedback, communicate this with the team members and implement procedures to enhance satisfaction.
- Possess a detailed knowledge of all products and services provided by the property and others within the local area.
- Actively participate in business partner and guest events when requested.
- Adhere to company credit policies to ensure all expected revenues are secured.
- Attend major travel, trade and corporate functions to network and promote the hotel.
- Entertain and ensure that Sales team entertains potential and current customers based on business opportunities and priorities.
- Obtain and maintain an awareness of community, business, political and social market driven factors which may affect the hotel's financial performance and operating objectives.
- Ensure that the room and conference inventories are reviewed weekly, monthly and bi-monthly where strategies are formulated to address low occupancy need periods at least 2 months ahead.
- Ensure a high level of exposure for the hotel through direct Sales solicitation, marketing and PR initiatives telephone contact and written communication.
- Ensure all Sales contracts follow the established hotel policies and procedures and are based and sound commercial judgment. Ensure that an accurate database is maintained for all term contracts and that this database is communicated to the Finance Department.
- On a monthly basis, confirm that travel agents' commissions are paid promptly.
Possess good understanding of contribution margins for each business units results and work collaboratively with respective fellow heads of departments to maximize operating results.
- Ensures that all incoming correspondence (leads, inquiries, requests, offers, confirmations, etc.) are replied to within 24 hours.
- Prepare weekly marketing call reports and provide details to the General Manager.
- Establish and maintain a monthly report to include the summary of the past activities, prospects and trends, and analysis of competitor's marketing and promotion efforts, forecast for all marketing activities & production/conversion figures.
- Manage and maintain complete and supported records of all sales agreements, contracts and quotes for the hotel.
- Ensure the sales team and you are familiar with and all marketing related company documentation, particularly the relevant policies
- Take lead involvement in establishing and driving the price policy together with the hotel's management.
- Ensure that the GDS's and other Electronic Distribution Systems are updated on regular basis.
- Ensure that an efficient and accurate filing system, both manual as well as electronically is maintained at all times.
- Review the employee schedule and annual leave plan to ensure the correct allocation of resources to foster employee productivity, satisfaction and adequate manning.
What are we looking for....
Alongside these key competencies, the incumbent of the role will be required to demonstrate the fundamentals of the company's Heartist service culture to be responsive, respectful and deliver a great experience.
You should come with the following
- Educated to bachelor's degree level or beyond, most likely within a business or Sales & Marketing management related discipline, or experience equivalent
- Prior experience as a Department Head in a large, fast paced organization
- Fluency in verbal and written English is essential - an additional language would be an advantage
- 5 years prior experience as a Director, Sales in a like property
- Must be a highly capable user of Microsoft office programmes including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Global experience and high level of English
Your strengths will include
- Feeling safe under pressure and like to solve problems in a dynamic environment.
- Being comfortable in a challenging environment where you can just be yourself
- Your ego will be left at the door - and you LOVE helping and collaborating with others
- You thrive on motivation others and providing unconditional support to others
- Having fun at work is you kind of thing. You work hard but also have fun along the way and enjoy being around your teams
What we offer
- An innovative and fast-growing international group, committed not only to building new hotels, but to creating a global brand.
- The opportunity to challenge the norm and work in a creative and rewarding environment.
- Member of a team that is passionate about creating great hotel experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- Great discounts on the entire Ennismore family.
- Many opportunities to progress and change as part of a global family of brands.
- Regular team meetings, from our team cups to our annual parties (quite special!): we know how to have fun!
- An annual calendar of diversity and inclusion events that gives you opportunities to learn, celebrate, and make a positive impact. opportunities to progress and grow in a diverse and global family of brands.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.