Job description / Role
Director of Sales & Marketing
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, our Sales & Marketing professionals are ambassadors of the engaging service and authentically local experiences we offer in places of unrivalled presence. As Director of Sales & Marketing, your leadership and vision will foster an engaged team in support of maximized market share, operating results and guest satisfaction.
Hotel Overview: Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel, is located only a few steps away from the Masjid Al Haram and the Holy Ka'aba. This 76-story hotel, one of the world's tallest, is the focal point of the Abraj Al Bait Complex, part of the King Abdul Aziz Endowment Project, is the iconic symbol of hospitality in the Holy City. The hotel authentic hospitality is seen throughout 1618 guest rooms and suites are thoughtfully and elegantly appointed-with extravagant amenities and five-star services that allow for peaceful reflection and repose .
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to Managing Director of FRSS Makkah, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service.
- Direct and manage all activity related to the sales department, ensuring all service standards are followed.
- Responsible for all sales colleagues' achievement of individual goals.
- Direct all sales and marketing initiatives for the hotel.
- Provide guidance and direction in the development of segment action plans.
- Be responsible for account management of key market segments.
- Ensure the achievement of sales objectives on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Review sales contracts, considering the number of rooms, average rate and total revenue objectives of the hotel.
- Participate in select sales activities both on and off property.
- Set individual room revenue and/or room night goals.
- Manage any sales incentive programs.
- Ensure the integrity of key accounts, the key prospect database and monitoring of the sales software programs for accuracy and thoroughness.
- Prepare an annual budget for approval and administer that budget in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Balance operational, administrative and colleague needs.
- Follow departmental policies and procedures.
- Follow all safety policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous senior leadership experience within sales required.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications and or relevant computer applications required.
- University/College degree in a related discipline required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Highly responsible & reliable.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.