Job description / Role
Director of Talent & Culture (Human Resources)
SUMMARY OF GENERAL DUTIES
- Organization and monitoring of all affairs concerned to the position.
- Proper grooming at all times
- Attend training classes as per schedule
- Show fullest cooperation and respect within the team and other departments
- Is aware of the daily activities and has product knowledge of all the hotel facilities
RESPONSIBILITY & AUTHORITY
- Works in harmony with all staff and executives, manage personnel & L&D affairs.
- Clients, local authorities, regional HR departments, placement offices and unions.
All Personnel and L&D department's material.
- Management of personnel files, on the basis of incoming, hiring, transfer, promotion, resignation and other modification data.
- Compiles the operational staffing schedule / manning guide in co-ordination with GM.
- Compiles accident statistics and handles all relevant accident reports.
- The DHR shall designate executive positions that cannot be staffed by him/herself in the manning guide. He/she shall administrate copies of qualifications for all executive positions.
- Updating of personnel manuals, of salary, bonus, work and grant books, etc.
- Is familiar with regulations and personnel guidelines issued by regional or corporate administration and ensures that they are applied accordingly, including OSM.
- Strict adherence to legal regulations and work permits regarding foreign expatriate employees.
- Conducts job application correspondence and sees to due and proper answering and filing of all documents, applications adverts, etc.
- Co-ordinates and initiates yearly performance evaluations at all staff levels.
- Orders and organizes long service awards, diplomas and certificates in good time as per MHR policies.
- Sees to insurance administration, notifies superior in case of deviation or irregularity.
- Ongoing information of personnel regarding problems, changes and other news.
- Responsible for obtaining all the necessary hotel licenses for the smooth functioning of the hotel.
- Ensures proper job descriptions are available for all functions, continuously adapts them in co-ordination with relevant supervisors to operational requirements.
- Sees to the due and proper filing of work procedures and operational rules. Adapts them to new situations and requirements whenever necessary.
HIRING / REMUNERATION / DISMISSAL
- Is responsible for recruiting in co-ordination with the various Department Heads.
- Analyses the working atmosphere and discusses possible improvements with the Department Heads and supervisors and submits to GM.
- Supervises adherence to remuneration guide lines and discusses any deviations with GM.
- Surveys remuneration and social benefit policies of other competitors and compares them with our policies, on a yearly basis.
- Conducts Exit Interviews with all resigning employees to establish reason patterns for resignation.
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
- Coordinates and supervises all kind of internal training of the Department Heads and supervisors.
- Ensures that departmental training schedules are established in advance every six months.
- Co-ordinates training activities with regional or corporate training departments.
- Conducts general training topics and ensures that all new employees are taken care of within the system.
- Ensures the general orientation is conducted during the introduction of new employees.
- Ensures development at all levels of employees (including succession planning).
GENERAL / MISCELLANEOUS
- Informs personnel and supervisor regarding important events and news from within the hotel operation to avoid misunderstandings and rumors/gossip.
- Organizes social and leisure activities in co-ordination with Department Heads for the employees.
- Organization, supervision and maintenance of staff accommodation. Regular inspection tours. Sees that repair and improvement work is carried out.
- Ensures inventories are taken and controls made upon check-in / check-out of staff rooms.
- Maintains good co-ordination and information with the Director of Finance in case payroll is not handled by the HR department.
- Establishes monthly reports according to requirements.
- Maintains a monthly overview of vacation and public holiday balance of all staff and delivers a monthly consolidated summary to the relevant supervisors.
- He/she is familiar with all related company documentation and especially with the relevant Operational Standards Manual for his/her field of responsibility.
- Assumes responsibility of Duty Manager when scheduled to do so.
- Other duties as assigned.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.