Director - Sales & Marketing
Job description / Role
Director Sales & Marketing
You will be responsible to manage all aspects of the Sales strategies including development of new business, leading the Sales team, representation of the resort nationally and internation ally, developing revenue-generating strategies whilst working along with other administrative peers and to ensure the delivery of all KPIs while optimization of forecast and budget.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Identifies and Develops new business opportunities
- Suggests and develop the hotel Sales strategy
- Builds relationships with clients, suppliers, distributors and partners
- Represents the General Manager, brand, and ownership in all commercial aspects
- Evaluates existing partnerships and sales efforts with an eye towards building on what works and changing what doesn't
- Manages key client relationships and work on building news ones
- Lead the Sales team and work closely with Marcom and Revenue towards common strategies encompassing performance metrics, data standards, processes, policies, tools, training, best-practices, and case studies to successfully achieve the targets
- Analyses and monitors key indicators of hotel performance and third party intelligence sources to identify rooms and non-rooms revenue opportunities
- Expands the profile and reach of the company and its brands
- Take the lead when it comes to influence over sales, marketing, customer-service, and client relationship management
- Develops and strengthens internal and external relationships that will lead to increased lead generation
- Builds cross-functional teams to guide and nourish sustainable, long-term growth
- Tracks new markets and trends
- Fosters and works to maintain an entrepreneurial growth culture throughout the department and across all work functions
- Proposes and develops strategic partnerships
- Helps to shape our Resort's long-term commercial objectives and determine plans for how to meet them.
- Constant researches and data analysis
- Provides feedback on development, distribution and promotion strategies.
- Identifies sponsorship opportunities
- Builds and maintains relationships
- Travels on business
- Tracks and analyses competitive set pricing and yield strategies, gaining the ability to predict the comp set reaction to changes in the marketplace.
- Plays an active role in the Marketing Plan and Strategic Planning of all hotel revenue channels.
Your experience and skills include:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a related area/role
- Minimum of 5 years in a senior leadership role
- Knowledge of the Saudi & GCC market and Saudi commercial acumen
- A university degree preferably in the area of business or hospitality
- Strong strategic business thinking and orientation
- Luxury background and detailed local market as well as luxury market knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of property systems.
- Aptitude for project management, multi-tasking and managing numerous sources
- Ability to consolidate and analyze large volumes of data in an efficient manner
- Strength in the use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint and other work related systems
- Comfort and skill in communication (both verbally and in a written manner) with all levels of employees including sincerity, humility and realism
- Fluency in Arabic and English
- Proven experience in analysis and problem solving and sense of urgency required
- Strong leadership and strategic skills as well as experience in similar/corporate role
- Ability to work effectively and contribute to the team
- Multicultural awareness and ability to work with people from diverse cultures
- Good reference in terms of representation, ethics and manners
Your team and working environment:
Banyan Tree will operate and expand the Ashar luxury camp, embracing the region's Arabian heritage to blend in seamlessly with the Ashar Valley's striking natural scenery and stand in the heart of AlUla's planned "living museum" experience. Situated near AlUla's signature mirrored Maraya Concert Venue, the camp recently hosted guests of the annual Winter At Tantora cultural festival, elevating visitors' experiences by connecting them with AlUla'snature, art, and ancestry.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality.
We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.