Job description / Role
Exciting opportunity for a Scientific Services Director to set up the Scientific Services Department from scratch - looking at research and monitoring methods, Terrestrial & Marine ecology with knowledge of conservation practices, sustainability, innovative responses to climate change and species depletion and other pressing natural issues.
Exciting opportunity to work for one of a kind project of Global Standards in Saudi Arabia with a vision to be a globally leading Tourism & Heritage destinations
Duties - including but not limited to;
* Manage the Scientific Services Division including Terrestrial Ecology & Marine Ecology
* Support the Chief Scientific Services & team with factual material and other inputs required for presentations, meetings and reports.
* Continually review relevant studies and reports
* Distil and report facts and findings most informative to the Integrated Development Management Plan (IDMP) and its zonation plans
* Identify and redress critical information / knowledge gaps
* Analyse and establish natural environmental best practices
* Develop a holistic set of scientific standards and guidelines
* Review and comment on regional, urban and special project development plans and other environmental management system procedures.
* Support other Departments of the organisation as well as external Stakeholders with global best practise guidance and practical advice
* Produce viable programs and interventions to help transform cities and urban settlements
* Performance management of subordinate staff.
* Competitive total rewards compensation on offer including Health-care and other benefits
* Exciting opportunity to work for one of a kind project of Global Standards in Saudi Arabia with a vision to be a globally leading Tourism & Heritage destinations
* Doctors Degree or Master's Degree in Natural Science / Ecology - or other qualifications relevant
* A minimum of 15 years of experience in the same or similar fields
* In-depth knowledge of scientific research and monitoring methods and their application
* In-depth knowledge of conservation practices and principles, sustainability and resilience, innovative responses to climate change and species depletion and other pressing natural and cultural heritage issues
* Proven publication record and peer review - would be advantageous
* The ability to integrate science and practical management practices
* Hands-on experience with environmental rehabilitation and re-wilding and / or cultural heritage protection
* Ideally be well acquainted with Environmental Laws
* Report writing and presentation skills
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.