Job description / Role
Our client- a well-established group and major regional player in Specialty Chemicals- is looking for Director of Specialty Chemicals Division with multi-site operations to be engaged in the full scope of the Divisions Strategic, tactical and operations management with primary objectives focused on operational excellence, revenue growth and margin improvement.
- Director Specialty Chemicals will take full P&L responsibility for the Specialty Chemicals division
- The primary responsibility of Director Specialty Chemicals is to execute the strategy as defined by the Chairman of the Group and the Group CEOs vision, steering the Specialty Chemicals division on a day to day basis in accordance with the strategy.
- The candidate will have the ability to dig down into the operational details at times, as well as pushing strategic direction by setting clear overall targets and priorities.
- The Director, Specialty Chemicals will have full P&L responsibility for the Division, and will direct all operational functions, including plant management, manufacturing, product development, quality assurance, Divisional engineering and maintenance services, and sales service, with a primary focus on quality, safety, cost reduction and overall productivity.
- The Director, Specialty Chemicals will direct and execute sales and marketing plans in line with the approved sales segmentation strategy, closely monitoring and analyzing all sales and marketing activities against set goals and objectives for the Division with a special focus on territorial expansion
- The Director, Specialty Chemicals will be tightly integrated in the Groups top management team and crucial to propagating the existing corporate culture.
- Technical background and knowledge of the chemicals industry is highly preferred, specific construction chemicals experience with branded products would be highly desirable.
- Track record of delivery in entrepreneurial and high-margin B2B organizations, with successful track record of P&L responsibility of a minimum USD 100 million for at least the previous 5 years
- Proven experience/exposure to acquisitions and demonstrable record in systematically executing strategy
- Experience in GCC region and the environment of cultural diversity is plus
- Must have at least 15-20 years of proven experience of successful management in the industrial chemicals sector, with a focus on Manufacturing, Supply Chain, HSE and HR.
- Experience of management systems including SAP and Oracle is essential.
- Supply Chain focus is essential as the successful candidate will be responsible for managing relationships with suppliers as well as overseeing the manufacturing pipeline.
- Open, non-hierarchical, apolitical personality
- Team Oriented and Operations commander
- Strong communicator, with high degree of integrity and resilience
- Ability to deal with the infancies of high growth emerging market organization as well as with the regional particularities
- The successful candidate will be sophisticated corporate leader, a fully-fledged and mature commander
The package for this role is expected to be around AED 80, 000 per month plus medical and flights plus a very generous performance bonus structure. For this position, the performance bonus is highly transparent based on improvement in cash flows as a percentage of EBIT and is remarkably generous.
- Opportunity to earn tax-free salary and a compound lifestyle in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Long-term career opportunity with well-funded leading manufacturing leader- a well-established group, in operation for the last 58 years with outstanding market reputation
- Chance to improve and implement best practices across the existing business of Specialty Chemicals
- Genuine strong growth prospects both within the Group with the guaranteed career progress to groups general management levels and more strategic involvement based on performance.
- The opportunity to live in along with other expats in a safe communities/compounds with numerous amenities, such as shops, pools, gyms, or shuttle services to the schools and malls and great environment to socialize with other expats.
About the Company
Yeomans Executive DMCC is a boutique Global Executive search firm, based in the Middle East, sourcing globally for our locally based clientele. We have built our business and reputation through deep long term relationships with our clients.
We are renowned for successfully challenging traditional search firm models through being easier to deal with, highly innovative and consistently more efficient in delivering outstanding candidates for critical senior roles.