Job description / Role
• Technical Support of Owner’s Project Management Teams
• Support Asset strategy in Budgetary estimates, and achieving functional and technical requirements.
• Support U/D and Sectors in the development of the various Line-Community-Assets concept and detailed Master Plans.
• Overall ownership of the process sits with the Line Regional CEO(s) (internal “client”).
• Delivery of the Concept / Detailed Master Plans is under the responsibility of Urban Development (UD) Dept. The Sector Leads being responsible for individual Asset Briefs.
• Key 3rd Party interfaces with the various Master Planners undertaking Concept and Detailed Master Plans.
• Support U/D and sectors in the development of the asset brief which should cover: Scope and Description of the asset(s), Risk Assessment, Implementation Plan, Implementation Schedule/ Key Milestones
• Review the asset brief and responsible for its accuracy, sufficiency and completeness.
• The Technical services director will be responsible to ensure Projects Dept receive Asset Briefs to the quality and timeliness to allow the design and construction to be executed to NEOM’s expected master schedule.
• Attend to Proponents requirements, support strategy proposal and provide options and technical details
• Prepare scope of service of engineering and consultancy services, technical studies and construction works
• Manage Engineering services consultant and support staff
• Review technical papers and appoint specialist consultants
• Manage design approvals
• Support Procurement services by Evaluating technical prequalification documents and Technical offers and assessing contractors and consultants
• Review initial schedule and cost estimates from consultants
• Manage preparation of land use permits for the Line projects
• Evaluate Technical studies and peer review
• Review, coordinate and responsible for fulfilling sector’s requirements in concept and detailed design
• Review Design compliance, Concept and detailed Design and Peer reviews.
• Review and update design procedures and practices to ensure their efficiency
• Study and advise technical queries based on NEOM strategy, regulations and plan, and best engineering practice.
• Manage the digital requirements of BIM, AR, and VR for projects design
• Oversee GIS interface
• Ensure the capability and adequacy of resources assigned to the Line E&TS and ensure their proper deployment
• Manage Logistics and organize and coordinate support facilities and accessibility.
• Provide analysis, challenge, and contribute to the crafting of business cases, providing feasibility validation and identifying value opportunities, along with appropriate recommendations and supporting material as required
• Lead team retrospective programme to ensure “lessons learned” are leveraged from project insights, to facilitate rapid improvement in the on-going construction programme and ensure that structured feedback is provided on delivery team performance.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Demonstrated commercial acumen through business experience
• Ability and willingness to travel when necessary.
• Ability to analyse and resolve complex issues, both logical and interpersonal
• Experience leading and managing high performing individuals and teams.
• Ability to be a team player that motivates and educates other team members and comprehends complex, technical subjects.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with a diverse group of individuals.
• Proficiency in the English language.
• Over 20 years of construction industry experience, with at least 5 years at director level earned with real estate development, contractors or construction consultants.
• At least 10 years’ experience in Engineering, design and technical services
• At least 10 years’ experience in Mega Projects
• At least 5 years of industry experience gained in International or GCC assignment.
• Proven track record of leading a programme management office for a major real estate development, contractor or consultant delivering significant programmes of work.
• Extensive knowledge of all facets of construction implementation.
• Bachelor's degree of Civil Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent qualification.
• PMP or Master's degree in business or construction is a plus
• Chartered or Professional Engineer Status is preferred
About the Company
Zuhair Fayez Partnership is one of the leading and most established Architectural, Engineering, Project Management, Construction Management and Engineering Information System Consultancy Firms in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia with over 40 years of professional experience in the local, regional, and international market since its inception in 1975.
The current organizational structure comprises the following main divisions: Technical Services, Buildings Design, Municipal Projects, Transportation Design, Construction Management and Site Supervision Services.
Zuhair Fayez Partnership has firmly established itself as a pioneer in the use of Building Information Modeling (BIM) Technology throughout the design process, Sustainability study, construction managements (through 4D & 5D simulation), and Facilities Management as well.
Rider Levett Bucknall
|Saudi Arabia||12 Apr|
The Highfield Company
|Saudi Arabia||20 Apr|
Project Director - Arabic Speaker
Construction Manager - Site Supervision
SAS Global Consultants