Job description / Role
Our client is a Main Civil Contractor in Saudi Arabia with more than 40 years market presence. They are a Saudi based company but all senior management personals are western expats. They have an excellent work culture. They have two major business lines, Construction and Operations and Maintenance division. This is a long terms opportunity.
Our client looking for a candidate who has Design & Engineering experienced, where Procurement involvement is of added value. The candidate requires to have experience on the complete Engineering and Procurement process of an EPC Contract, until the materials have arrived on site for Construction.
Purpose of the Job:
• Plan, organize, coordinate and control Engineering and Procurement functions to help achieve organizational strategy and business plans / objectives.
• Oversee and direct the operations of The client Engineering and Procurement functions, including warehousing, logistics, customs/freight activities, so that our client programs/projects have the right support to achieve their objectives.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
• Participate in development of organizational strategy, business plans, budgets and resources in accordance with the company overall strategic direction.
• Oversee the operations of and provide strategic direction to the Engineering and Procurement functions to align their functioning in accordance with laid down organizational strategy.
• Coordinate the collaboration among all related functions by leading regular meetings, as necessary, to satisfy the needs and requirements of Our client business and clients.
• Ensure management and coordination of all variation / change orders as required by the client in coordination with all concerned functional Managers.
• Ensure preparation of periodic reports to the Managing Director and the Company Board (where applicable), on the activities and progress of the functions under his span of control.
• Oversee the development and implementation of controls to protect concerned functions from financial, legal, and operational risks in collaboration with the internal audit department.
• Ensure adherence to QA / SHE standards and policies, to achieve efficient operations, and quality products, resulting in improved services to all clients.
• Ensure maintaining The client high standard of work and work ethics.
• Plan and control capital and operational budget of OUR CLIENT Technical Services Function to support objectives stipulated by the company’s business plan.
• Ensure responsibilities, authorities and accountabilities are implemented within Technical Services Function.
• Ensure that all activities of the function meet or improve on budget, cost, volume and efficiency targets -Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), in line with business objectives.
• Perform other related activities as required.
SAR 40,000 to 55,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Accommodation + Transportation + Medical +Tickets
• A Graduate Degree in Engineering discipline.
• Master in Engineering or Management is preferred.
• A seasoned professional with hands-on experience in construction / operations & maintenance industry.
• Overall relevant experience of at least 15-20 years, of which no less than 5 years must be at executive / function head level.
• Proficiency (Reading/writing/speaking) in English language is mandatory, Arabic language preferred.
• Relevant experience in related industry in KSA is mandatory.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Senior Project Manager
Rider Levett Bucknall
|Saudi Arabia||27 Mar|
Project Director / Senior Project Manager
Al Suweidi Engineering Consultants
|Abu Dhabi||15 Apr|
Ignite Search & Selection