Job description / Role
• The main purpose of this position is to ensure that the daily dispatch of vehicles is planned and organized according to the daily operations' needs.
• Reviews the day/night shift activities and checks the daily briefing form for any pending requests, vehicular problems/drivers’ issues.
• Gets the Waste collecting locations and customer details from the ‘Call Centre’ and schedule the drivers and helpers accordingly
• Receives calls from Customers for service requirement
• Updates the Daily Dispatch Plan and provides the run sheet to the respective driver.
• Amends the Container Movement (Daily run sheets) and validates with the daily DOs.
• Updates the Daily Dispatch Map and Master Sheet as per the daily dispatches
• Maintains the Daily Vehicle Status Report [both working and under repair] for Management review.
• Forward the Vehicle Breakdown form to the Workshop and follow up
• Maintains driver’s attendance and duty schedule.
• Directs and monitors the activities of Truck drivers from time to time.
• Maintains the DO book, Vehicle Keys and Registration cards.
• Maintain Municipality Coupons and distribute it to the driver as per the requirement
• Review the requests and complaints from the Customers and informs the Field Officer for follow up
• Ensures quality & safety within functions/tasks performed.
• Responsible for exercising due diligence towards the environment, health & safety of self & others in the organization
• Responsible for complying with the applicable HSE procedures, instructions, requirements, laws, regulations from customers, regulatory and statutory bodies and those applicable to his/her job requirements
• Responsible for reporting to his/her superiors’ occurrences, events, violations and acts that may affect the environment, health, safety and company reputation.
• Performs other duties as requested and other responsibilities related to position.
Complies with the Health & Safety instructions
• Responsible in exercising due diligence towards health & safety of self & others in the organization
• Responsible to comply with the applicable HSE procedures, instructions, requirements, standards received from regulatory and statutory bodies
• Responsible for reporting to superior occurrences, events, violations and acts that may impact staff health and safety or the environment
Performance Measures/Success Criteria
• Vehicle dispatch at fixed timelines.
• Accurate tracking report on vehicles dispatched and vehicles under service/maintenance.
• Planning & Organizing
• Self-Commitment and Motivation
• Team work
• Vehicle Control Controller
• Dispatch Executive
• Maintenance Supervisor
Working Conditions And Environment
SAR 2,200 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Minimum of 2 years of work experience in a related field.
• Minimum of High School Diploma or general education degree
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
• Good English – reading and writing is essential.
• Arabic/Indian as second language is desired.
• Knowledge in vehicle maintenance.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Good communication skills.
About the Company
Averda is the leading provider of waste management services to emerging markets. For over 35 years, Averda has been continuously improving living and working environments for millions of people by providing effective and transformative city cleaning and waste management services.
Averda was built on the idea that clean streets are one of the cornerstones of growth and prosperity, delivering safer, healthier environments for communities to flourish.
As urban populations continue to boom across Africa, Asia and the Middle East, Averda is uniquely placed to work with fast-growing countries to develop long-term and sustainable waste management solutions for cities and expanding urban centres.