Domestic Energy Specialist
Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Saudi Aramco is seeking an Energy Specialist to join the Domestic Analysis Department within Strategy & Market Analysis.
The Domestic Analysis Department evaluates various aspects of the Company's short- and long-term energy challenges of domestic nature, offering consultations on strategic planning to executive management and various company organizations, specifically with respect to short- and long-term domestic energy demand projections. The outcomes of these analyses are employed to forecast the domestic oil, gas and refined product demand for Saudi Arabia. As the sole provider of oil and gas to the Kingdom, this demand outlook is important to the Company and is used to develop its long-term plans on meeting domestic energy demand in a timely and cost-effective manner.
The Specialist's primary role will be to analyze the Kingdom's energy demand in major energy sectors, deeply understand the issues surrounding the energy sector and their potential impact on Saudi Aramco. With extensive experience in the development of short, medium- and long-term energy outlooks. The Specialist will be required to identify, collect, organize, and analyze energy data from various domestic sources, as well as from around the world for benchmarking purposes.
- Develop robust short, medium- and long-term energy outlooks for Saudi Arabia.
- Develop and competently use energy/economic supply and demand models, scenario development, technology assessment and other statistical tools to perform studies and research work.
- Participate in developing strategic plans by collaborating with various departments in the Company.
- Conduct studies on the impact of Saudi Aramco actions on energy intensive sectors in Saudi Arabia in order to understand the impact of Company plans on the Kingdom's energy consumption.
- Present to corporate management regularly.
- Provide periodic internal publications on developments in key energy sectors in Saudi Arabia.
- Participate in the training, development and mentoring of junior staff.
- Experience using the TIMES model of the International Energy Agency (IEA).
- Good knowledge of bottom-up energy modeling.
- Excellent capabilities for rigorous data management and mathematical modeling, particularly VEDA 2.0. Good knowledge of GAMS is preferred.
- Masters or equivalent in economics, engineering, statistics, or a related field.
- 10 years of experience of working in forecasting, including 5 years of experience analyzing energy demand in a major energy sector.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural and multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to produce high quality reports, studies and presentations.
- Ability to deal effectively with other staff and with external stakeholders.
- Ability to work under pressure with short deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.