Job description / Role
• Responsible for the development and update of the existing city-wide drainage network.
• Required to perform high-level strategic to detailed network design and capacity calculations, earthwork analysis, design and review of drainage systems and facilities.
• Develop and make amendments to the existing city-wide drainage network in both the Community and Industrial Areas.
• Reports on daily basis to the Engineering Department Manager.
• Interfaces with other department staff and Royal Commission Departments and Sections.
Major Activities Performed
• Perform field inspections and evaluate existing drainage facilities, review drainage related improvement plans prepared by RCY Departments and external consultants.
• Collect data, meet with local utility agencies, prepare written memorandums, meeting notes, technical reports and correspondence on various drainage system issues and solutions.
• Determine existing and future development flows based on the various development areas, estimating existing and future capacity for the channel and pipe system at varying levels of projected development/City growth.
• Prepare the layout of drainage channels and calculations of natural and improved drainage channels, culverts and outfalls, detention basins, and flood control channels in developed and undeveloped areas of the City.
• Prepare drainage calculations of all natural and improved drainage channels, all culverts and outfalls, detention basins, dams, weirs and flood control channels.
• Prepare drainage concept plans of all master planning areas including preparing hydrology calculations.
• Maintain and develop any existing computer drainage models for the City, modeling of all channels, culverts, detention basins, weirs, outfalls, bridge structures and drainage structures.
• Amend (if required) the drainage section of the Yanbu 2030 Master Plan report that identifies the various drainage channels, pipes, level, detention basin and drainage improvements needed within each area of the City.
• Identify any current deficiencies and capacity of the existing system and the planning of new channels, pipelines and drainage facilities.
• Able to present engineering calculations and analysis to non-engineers for approvals.
• Provide technical guidance to management on all aspects of the drainage master plan and present findings/solutions to management.
• Performs other duties as directed by management.
• Prepare written memorandums, meeting notes, technical reports and correspondence on various drainage issues.
• Prepare and give regular presentations on drainage issues and solutions to higher management.
Experience and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited Western country University.
• Registered/Chartered Engineer status is required.
• Minimal 12-year experience in drainage design of residential, commercial, and industrial master-planned communities, storm water management, erosion control, and highway drainage.
Specific technical requirements are
• Experience in preparing drainage calculations, computer modeling of drainage system, drainage analysis and planning of City drainage and flood control system for developed and undeveloped areas.
• Up to date knowledge of best practice in flood control analysis and flood control policies. Knowledge of Middle Eastern drainage/flood policy and practices preferred.
• Must have 10 years’ experience in the design of major drainage improvements, hydrology calculations, and analysis of rainfall data, preparing storm water flow calculations/channel analysis, and preparing drainage studies.
• Experience in working for local municipality or flood control district in the design of major drainage structures, drainage systems, practices and procedure in preparing drainage master plans, the gathering and analysis of rainfall data the design of major drainage systems, earthwork and drainage improvements based on the development needs of and rapidly growing city.
• Extensive knowledge and experience in the design of drainage channels, detention basins, street and highway drainage design, and flood control protection practices.
• Expertise in drainage calculations and modeling systems, mass grading and earthwork modeling.
Extensive knowledge and use of the following computer software essential
• Civil 3D by AutoDesk
• Adobe reader and writer
• MS Office: Excel, Word, Power Point
• WMS (Municipal package)
• CAD Earth Plus
• Bentley Hydraulics
• Bentley FlowMaster
• Bentley CulvertMaster
• Bentley PondPack
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.