Job description / Role
Job Description Summary
The Early Career Training is a 6 months program and it is an investment in young talents where GE trains fresh graduates who meet the required criteria to perform their traineeship in a GE business. The traineeship duration varies upon business requirement and will develop the general skills of the trainee and provide on the job knowledge and technical experience. Positions requiring understanding of a concepts, methods and procedures.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for defining inspection/repair scope for combustion parts.
• Responsible for providing cost proposals and work with commercial/sales to review deals opportunities technically.
• ME is responsible for the day to day activities ensuring smooth production for the repair lines.
• ME is responsible for developing repair processes and implement them in the shop floor.
• ME is responsible to train shop floor employees and make sure correct practice is being followed.
• ME is responsible for continues improvement for quality to reduce the rework/scrape rate, and to improve the FPY.
• ME is responsible for finding opportunities to reduce the cost of repair by improving the shop floor efficiency and work on projects and initiatives to reduce or eliminate expensive spare parts.
• ME is responsible to stay connected with engineering team to seek continuous support and escalation to ensure smooth production with no interruptions.
• ME is responsible to develop shop work instructions and quality forms to adhere to the quality requirements.
• Fresh graduates
• BS Engineering – Industrial, Mechanical, or Electrical or related engineering background preferred
• Active listener with good communication skills in English.
• Strong Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
• Proactive with high level of integrity.
• Strives to achieve Project goals and Customer satisfaction.
• A team player with the ability to communicate effectively with crosses functional teams.
• Displays willingness to work in harsh environments on as needed basis.
• Demonstrated EHS and Quality focus.
• Demonstrated leadership potential
• Record of achievement with a passion to achieve positive business results
• Curiosity and desire to learn and expand skill set
• Adaptable and open to change
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
Inclusion & Diversity
We are passionate about creating an inclusive work environment. By valuing the ideas and contributions of a diverse workforce we help inspire others to grow, succeed, and raise the bar for everyone. Join us at GE Gas Power, where results can be achieved by embracing a community of belonging.
About GE Gas Power
GE Gas Power engineers cleaner, more accessible energy that people depend on, powering growth and prosperity for people everywhere. Our leading technologies produce a third of the world’s electricity thanks to our talented people, who make gas work for our customers, stakeholders and the world. Through relentless innovation and continuous partnership with our customers, we are building the energy technologies of the future and providing the cleaner, more efficient power people depend on today.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.