Job description / Role
Economic Modelling Specialist role is playing significant part in Saudi Aramco new joint venture, Crude Oil to Chemicals (COTC). Saudi Aramco is establishing and developing its polyolefins production capability through its new project, COTC. Saudi Aramco seeks to maximize its chemicals capability and this role will be part of this from an economics perspective.
The scope of this role is broad and deep. It involves:
- Evaluate from an economic perspective the validity of an opportunity
- Provide management with a view on projects viability
- Provide forecasting reports: proforma cash flow/proforma income statement
- Providing significant insights to the Pre-FEED/ FEED project phases and detailed engineering
SNC Lavalin's Faithful+Gould business is one of the world's leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients' interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting - and then developing - brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It's precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
- A bachelor's degree in engineering, Sciences or Business; MBA degree is preferred.
- 20+ years of experience in the petrochemicals industry with a minimum of 10 years in chemicals business, projects economic evaluation and modeling.
- Deep understanding in economic modelling to develop cash flow and project profitability indices/ratios such as NPV, and IRR.
- Strong knowledge in forecasting revenues using price sets projected operating rates and identifying project risks.
- Ability to provide an opinion on future investment opportunities and be able to stand behind the numbers with confidence
- Strong understanding of the concept of incremental economics in order to provide an investment opinion
- General understanding of refinery unit operations
- Broad awareness of downstream derivatives markets from basic chemicals
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).