Job description / Role
Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 41 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8.5 million unique products in 35 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 4,000 employees, We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India, offering a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
· Possess a thorough understanding of EHS Acts and subordinate legislation and codes of practice.
· Completion of risk assessments related to EHS hazards.
· Develop written EHS documentation (procedures, tools and training( in both English and local language
· Provide guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to all applicable Amazon Souq EHS Policies and Global Standards. Develop local site/regional EHS procedures and processes to meet Amazon Global Standards
· Measure sites’ performance against published requirements in EHS procedures. For all deficiencies, identify a plan for the site to implement and fix all identified deficiencies.
· Deliver on-time and quality projects to Operations.
· Analyze EHS metrics and review incident weekly and monthly incident trends to discover trends to rationalize the allocation of appropriate resources to areas where the EHS risk is highest.
· Perform frequent site EHS audits to identify all non-compliance equipment and/or processes at the site. Implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury at other FCs.
· Audit record-keeping practices and Global Safety Database (Gensuite) entries to be aligned with global safety standards and local regulations.
· Audit the workplace organization and Associate behaviors to ensure that training, auditing and scoring methods are accurate and consistent.
· Lead and mentor EHS Ambassadors or H&S representatives in your assigned facility.
· Champion the site/regional EHS committee, and providing guidance and support for H&S representatives.
· Ensure site/regional leadership and Associates are trained and knowledgeable of their EHS responsibilities under each policy. Audit the quality, delivery (including qualifications of the trainer), and effectiveness of all required safety training.
· Ensure contractor management safety processes are implemented.
· EHS manager: 5+ years growing responsibilities in mutisite operations in safety and/or environmental programs in manufacturing, production, or service operations.
· Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement
· Bachelor or diploma degree in safety, environmental, or a related field or significant work experience within these areas.
· Must be flexible regarding shifts, and able to respond after hours (e.g. for emergencies)
· Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and local language
· Strong experience in developing and implementing EHS procedures, training and other processes.
· Experience in a fast paced, changing/growing organization.
· Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Must have experience with EHS regulators and ability to manage multiple site/regionals/remotely, ability to develop and implement EHS goals, strategies, improvement plans, strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
· Distribution Center or Manufacturing EHS experience with
· Injury management and return to work
· Master’s degree preferred
· EHS specialist preferred but not essential experience with EHS regulators and ability to manage multiple site/regionals/remotely, ability to develop and implement EHS goals, strategies, improvement plans, strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.