Job description / Role
• Drive continuous improvement in EHS performance at Sales, Field service & Plant to achieve EHS excellence.
• Implement local EHS programs to ensure compliance with applicable environmental, health and safety laws and regulations
• Ensure root cause analysis is completed for all injuries and all significant events. Support complex root cause investigations.
• Coordinate with all employees (Sales, Field & Plant) for timely completion of EHS training.
• Manage EHS field audit program leading compliance, evaluating EHS program implementation and ensuring prompt closure of findings.
• Drive improvement and track goals achievement through collection, analysis and communication of EHS goals and measurements (including but not limited to programs evaluation, workplace audits, findings closure, training completion, injuries and illnesses and other significant events).
• Lead or participate in various types of EHS compliance and/or management system audits and providing guidance to field EHS personnel on conformance and best management practices.
• Knowledgeable of local EHS regulations affecting business operations and communicates specific regulatory requirements as they apply to the work setting.
• Ensure that all plant related operational permits are in place and processes are compliant with the permits obtained.
• Drive ISO14001 for Kurita AquaChemie Saudi plant, also responsible to make all the related documents SOP’s, process flow.
• Keep track of all upcoming legislation and advice pro-actively site-leadership on actions to be taken to remain compliant
• Responsible for environmental permit and regulatory reports for external authorities, interacting with the government agencies as necessary.
• Responsible for tracking & documentation for the waste generated, maintaining high standards of Housekeeping on site, performing audits & track the findings till closure.
• Excellent Leadership Skills. Must be able to interact with senior leadership
• Demonstrated ability to manage and influence organization culture, personnel and EHS programs across multiple locations.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multi-projects and tasks concurrently by using timelines, budgets and tracking systems of action plan/milestones to assure self or team delivery
• Demonstrated ability to breakdown complex/large problems into smaller steps and develop solutions using objective criteria
• Demonstrated ability to analyze (cost/benefit) and prioritize the most important liabilities and compliance issues and focuses activities/efforts on them.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Be a liaison among senior leadership, Operations and Local regulatory authorities
• Oversee of the work of EHS consultants for specific EHS projects (eg. Audits, Training, Site Assessment, Sampling).
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
• BS or BA in Occupational Safety & Health, Environmental Science or related discipline
• Must be a Saudi National
• NEBOSH certified
• 3-5 years’ experience operationalizing safety, compliance, and environmental programs
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Good on Microsoft Office
• Ability to travel to Jeddah, Riyadh & Yanbu as and when required
About the Company
Kurita is one of the international market leaders in industrial water and process treatment.
More than 6,600 employees strive daily to improve the efficiency of our customers’ industrial plants and projects - through research, development, chemical production, implementation and service. Worldwide - and always with a consistent focus on the environment. Here you can learn more about Kurita.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Project HSE Lead / Manager
Rotary Engineering Pte. Ltd.
A Leading Shipping Company In Fujairah
HSE Manager - Corporate Construction