Job description / Role
Opportunities are now available for a Electrical Commissioning Engineer – Team Lead to support the Jazan IGCC commissioning and start-up phase. The duration of the assignment is approximately 24 months with an additional option to roll into a long-term operations assignment. This is an on-site position in Jazan, Saudi Arabia working 8 weeks on with 2 weeks off.
The incumbent will report to the Commissioning Engineering Manager and will lead 4 to 6 Electrical Commissioning Engineers dedicated to several operating units: Gasification/Acid Gas Removal/Hydrogen Recovery, Soot Ash Recovery, Sulfur Recovery, Air Separation and Utilities. The engineers dedicated to the operating units will be supported by Electrical Technicians.
This position is intended to target candidates with field/operations experience in large process plants. The Jazan IGCC team supports the safe and efficient leadership, planning, commissioning and start-up of process gas units, including our newly acquired gasification technologies.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This opportunity is focused on leading an electrical engineering commissioning team which will coordinate the safe turnover of electrical equipment by collaborating with construction and the EPC contractor; support the electrical function testing and commissioning of electrical equipment and then support the start-up operations of the facility.
• Developing work processes and strategies for commissioning and start-up of all electrical distribution systems.
• Setting the strategy and leading support contractors and personnel to properly install and start-up equipment.
• Supporting our C&SU Contractors and Operations organizations during the commissioning and start-up period.
• Provide training and guidance to junior or less experienced engineers.
• The incumbent will also participate in the staffing of their team by screening and interviewing candidates and directing the training and onboarding of new hires.
• BS in Electrical Engineering is preferred or 8- 20 years of commissioning and /or operating plant electrical engineering/maintenance experience.
• Have a minimum 8 years of experience in commissioning and maintenance of high, medium, and low voltage electrical distribution systems on large process plants.
• Demonstrated leadership of team exceeding 10 people
About the Company
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Site Engineer (Electrical)
|Abu Dhabi||25 Dec|
Electrical Technical Engineer - ARAMCO
Senior Engineer (Electrical) - Capital Asset Stewardship (Upcoming)