Job description / Role
Works as part of an engineering design team, leading work on defined segments of a project with limited guidance and supervision of a Senior Engineer or nominated supervisor. Role also includes responsibility for Statutory Authorities approvals, site back-up and mentoring of junior staff members.
• Engineering Design
• Design Coordination
• Interface with Statutory Authorities
• Mentoring and supervision of junior staff
Duties & Responsibilities
• Personally, verify the corrections and absolute accuracy of own and others work prior to review by the senior level Engineer.
• Organize own and others work to achieve set deadlines.
• Lead pro-active coordination with internal and external design disciplines to achieve a high quality, consistent set of design documents or presentation.
• Proactively check and coordinate project documents (including but not limited to multi-disciplinary drawings, design reports, design calculations, technical specifications, bills of quantities, etc.) and ensure the highest quality standards are met.
• Take responsibility to ensure all design documentation of the Statutory Authorities' Approval process is delivered on time.
• Attend Client meetings.
• Confidently present work to colleagues, clients and stakeholders.
• Provide technical support to site supervision teams and resolve design related issues on site.
What we are looking for?
SSH are looking for an Electrical Engineer to join our offices located in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, where we provide front-end design leadership for the wider group.
Our portfolio of live projects includes cultural, healthcare, hospitality and retail projects across the Middle East and North Africa.
We are looking for individuals with exceptional design skills and a passion for working towards excellence in design delivery. You will work as part of the wider engineering teams based in Kuwait, Dubai and Cape Town.
SSH is a master planning, infrastructure, building design, construction supervision and project management company. We are proud to present a reputation for design integrity and a portfolio of landmark projects throughout the Middle East region.
What will my responsibilities look like in this role?
What do I need to apply?
• Developed Engineering Design skills and understanding of the design process and interfaces between design disciplines.
• Developed project design experience.
• Flexibility of attitude towards company objectives.
• Cordial relationships with clients and stakeholders.
• Ability to use a variety of media in the development abd documentation of a design intent.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD and REVIT, word processing and presentation programs.
• Detailed knowledge of SSH's standards, policies, codes and procedures.
• Full knowledge of Statutory Authorities requirements, knowledge of codes, regulations and submission requirements.
• Developed knowledge of Health and Safety in Design
• Developed knowledge of Fire & Life Safety Principles.
• Developed knowledge of Sustainable Design principles.
• Ability and will to update knowledge.
• Ability and will to mentor and provide support to junior subordinate staff members.
• Excellent command of English (written and spoken).
• Knowledge of other languages is an added value.
• Office 365
• Online Communication tools (Skype, Web ex)
• Adobe Acrobat Professional DC.
• PDF Xchange Editor
• AEC Collection
• Navisworks Freedom
• Elite Structure D-Pipe
• Elite Structure Fire
• Elite Structure
• Completion of three of four five or six-year engineering degree program.
• B.Arch. or B.Sc. in Engineering
• Local Society of Engineers membership.
About the Company
Having been in business for 50 years, we have accumulated unparalled knowledge, skill, and creativity. We use our expertise to develop a truly tailored innovative and creative solution that is in line with our clients' specific requirements. We don't sell a "house style" - that's not our style.
The firm has its headquarters in Kuwait and has completed a wide range of projects locally and throughout the Middle East. A recent survey conducted by the World Architecture Magazine shows that SSH is currently ranked as number fifty two in the world.
We treat our employees as valued members of the team. We believe in the power of every single person who works here and the individual expertise they bring to a project. We reinforce the worth of every individual by giving them the room to excel.
SSH is registered in Kuwait with the Ministry of Planning, Ministry of Public Works, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Ministry of Defense, the Kuwait Municipality and many private enterprises.
The Firm is registered with international and bi-lateral agencies such as the United Nations Development Programme, the International Road Federation, the Arab Fund for Social and Economic Development, the Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development, the Committee for Reconstruction and Development in Lebanon.