Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP Middle East are currently looking for Saudi National - Electrical Inspectors to be responsible for the day to day inspection and supervision of the Contractor's works on our ongoing airport project in Riyadh.?
Your new role, what's involved?
The Electrical Inspector will be responsible for the safe and successful delivery of the site works under their management, from site commencement to handover and completion.
The Electrical Inspector supports the Construction Manager in delivering specific outputs and responsibilities which could include:
* Planning and managing works of all disciplines to ensure compliance with the relevant standards, safety cases etc.
* Management of D&B Contractor and them subcontractors/suppliers to deliver the works safely and within programme/budget targets
* Review and understand the project scope and specification along with the ITPs, drawings and method statements for each work activity
* Responding to issues involving permanent or temporary construction works. Evaluating the issues, liaising, advising and implementing agreed remedial works to minimize adverse consequences to the ongoing works
* Identifying site issues/defected work or non-compliance/approved materials and raising non-conformance report (NCR) after consulting the RE and the QA Engineer assigned to the work place. Also follow up the NCR on site once the Close Out actions have been agreed
* Responsible for ensuring delivery of Health and Safety on site by the Contractor and subcontractors
* Maintain daily contact with the site staff to ensure activities are coordinated. Attend the regular and formal performance meetings with all parties to ensure that issues are being raised, addressed and formulate any report requested by the Resident Engineer/Construction Manager
* Ensure that regular inspection requests from the contractor are complied with and applied consistently
* Liaison with the site management to ensure effective co-ordination of the works with regards inspections and investigations
* Monitor all site staff to ensure they are experienced, technically competent and trained to the applicable Health and Safety legislation
* As directed assist or represent the Construction Manager/Resident Engineer with local authorities or other organizations/outside parties (i.e. MOT and utility companies) to resolve technical, environmental and safety issues. In addition act responsibly with regards to issues involving the public and immediate neighbours to the work
* Ensure the implementation of all relevant Health & Safety and Fire Safety requirements
* Monitor all necessary licenses and permits are in place
* Ensure that materials used and stored are in compliance with contract requirements and specifications the relevant rules and procedure
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* A university degree in Electrical Engineering.
* Minimum 3-5 years of experience in electrical works for infrastructure projects.
* Good experience on final acceptance criteria of the quality of work.
* Knowledge of inspection test plans and procedures.
* Work experience with consultants for Inspection of construction activities on site is desirable.
* Familiar with use of computer languages - Microsoft office and Auto Cad
* Saudi Arabian ID
What's in it for you?
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.