Job description / Role
- Electrical Technician installs, connects, maintains, and repairs electrical equipment such as starters, electrical motors, switches, switchboards, electrical circuits, VFD, etc., using tools as required.
- Ensure reliability of Durrah’s electrical equipment and systems.
- Ability to operate and maintain the 34.5 kV /13.8 kV Indoor substation, 12 MW Alternator and other electrical equipments (transformers, switchgear, motors, VFD’s, MCCs, etc.) of power and process plant.
- Identify, analyze and offer solutions to address system needs of the plant.
- Generate daily/weekly reports for operation and maintenance of Electrical equipments in process plant.
- Ensure compliance with safety requirements and standards procedures.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair electrical controls and instruments throughout the refinery.
- Number required: 2
- Duration: Permanent
- Desired start date: Immediate
- Probation: 180 Days
- Travel requirements: none
Nature and length of previous experience:
- Must have good electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Must be able to use electrician’s tools and shop equipment and be able to install, connect, and repair electrical equipment.
- Must have ability to work on scaffolds or ladders safely
- Ability to work overtime, rotating shifts and weekends on a regular basis.
- Have a high regard and ownership for personal safety and the safety of others.
- Ability to perform tasks wearing required PPE such as protective clothing, safety glasses/goggles, steel-toed boots, etc.
- Strong analytical skills
- Two to Four years of experience as an Electrical Technician
- Must be familiar with the principles of electricity, and with the construction and functioning of electrical equipment in accordance with applicable codes.
- Gender Preference: Male
- Current Location: Saudi Arabia
- University Qualifications: Electrical Engineering Diploma
About the Company
Durrah is developing a state-of-the-art Sugar Refinery in King Fahad Industrial Port in Yanbu, Saudi Arabia with a capital of 1.2 billion Saudi Riyals.
About 300km north Jeddah at west-coast of Saudi Arabia on the Red Sea, a 150,000 M² occupied by Durrah Sugar Refinery located in King Fahad Industrial port with 18 m direct deep wharf within the industrial city of Yanbu. Durrah Sugar Refinery is designed to process a minimum of 2,500 Mt / day of raw cane sugar into white refined sugar.
The construction of the project is commencing in 3rd quarter of 2015 with targeted construction period of 22 months, while commercial production will commence in the 2nd quarter of 2017.
Durrah Sugar Refinery will produce high quality white sugar in different sizes targeting retail and industrial segments.
|Saudi Arabia||23 Apr|
Senior HV Electrical Engineer
CSG Global Talent
Electrical Site Engineer
A Leading Engineering and Construction Company in Qatar