Job description / Role
WSP are looking for an Electromechanical Inspector to supervise execution of electromechanical works, control systems of storm water drainage networks including pumping facilities and associated valves, generators and power plant etc.
• Day-to-day inspection of the site works to ensure that it is executed to the requisite standards and quality, materials and workmanship comply with the specifications
• Track project progress daily; inspect, monitor and report deficiencies related to work progress, eg. contractors' manpower & equipment resources, etc.
• Witness and conduct inspections of contractor works to ensure compliance with contract requirements
• Inspection of tests included in the works
• Inspect site conditions to ensure suitability for roads & civil construction works
• Inspect site conditions to ensure suitability for mechanical/electromechanical works
• Liaise with the Statutory Authorities and follow up all final inspection and approvals as required
• Inspect construction activities including temporary works to ensure compliance with approved methods and contract requirements
• Supervise contractor’s works on daily basis (through RFIs, WIRs & MIRs) maintain records of inspections, work executed, etc.
• Maintain a comprehensive site diary that record, including photos, daily activities and events
• Ensure Contractor is working to latest approved shop drawings and permits, etc.
• Review contract documents and construction drawings to identify any anomalies/conflicts
• Ensure all material inspection and testing is carried out in accordance with the specification and the contract requirements
• Review and prepare responses to contractor’s submissions, i.e. Method Statements, RFIs, ITPs, etc.
• Observe site safety and issue notices as appropriate
• Ensure accuracy and completeness of records, and assist in reviewing the Contractor prepared ‘as-built’ drawings for accuracy
• Notify of any faults requiring rectification, raise Non-Conformance Reports (NCRs), review & approve closing, and follow-up
• Act positively, and participate in all Quality, HSE issues at site as required
• Prepare non-conformance reports (NCR) for construction practices being observed which are not in compliance with the contract requirements and which the Contractor has not remedied
• Observe site safety procedures and prepare non-conformance reports (NCR) for quality and safety violations to be remedied by the contractor
• Perform other duties and responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate
• Diploma in Electrical Engineering
• Minimum 10 years of experience in infrastructure projects.
• Previous experience in Electrical or Electromechanical works in similar projects
• Good Communication skills
• Member of Saudi Council of Engineers
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
Khatib & Alami
|Saudi Arabia||27 Oct|
Electrical Project Engineer
MAYKS HR Consulting
Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer
|Saudi Arabia||1 Dec|
Big Fish Recruitment
|Saudi Arabia||11 Jan|
Electrical Technical Engineer (Infrastructure)