Job description / Role
The main purpose of the Electronic Technical Office(ETO) job is to ensure the day-to-day maintenance of all electronic, computer, audio/visual and communications equipment and ensures its efficient operation
- Responsible for ensuring that all planned maintenance work takes place on these systems and co-ordinates operations with shore-side technician
- Manages full maintenance of the vessel's electrical and electronic equipment
- Ensures proper adoption of safe working practices on board
- Responsible for creating preventive maintenance and repair schedules and maintaining a stock of spare parts
- Conducts UMS test schedules, alarm tests etc.
- Manages the electrical circuits on the vessels, as well as, switches, lighting, batteries and circuit breakers
- Provide assistance during maintenance as required over and above electrical equipment maintenance
- Complies with established health and safety guidelines and procedures and ensures the health, safety and welfare of self and others
- Identifies and reports to management any Health, Safety or Environmental risks and makes suggestions to address these risks
- Performs miscellaneous tasks as assigned by his/her direct manager
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- MCA STCW engineering certification is a must
- Relevant experience on board vessel as a computer technician, radio/radar specialist or marine electrician working in shore-side employment
- Degree in Mechanical or Marine Engineering from accredited engineering school equivalent
- Previous experience in the GCC is a plus, especially if the experience was in Saudi Arabia
- English fluency is a must; Arabic language is a plus
About the Company
Rawabi Holding, through its fully owned subsidiaries, joint ventures and partnerships with international market leaders, focuses on four core sectors: Oilfield Services, Contracting & Industrial Services, Offshore Services and Retail. Through these divisions, we provide a diversified range of products and services to a variety of industries: oil, gas and petrochemicals; marine; engineering and construction; power, telecom and IT; corrosion and industrial services; logistics; and consumer products. Although varied and distinct, all our offerings share the same commitment to quality, service and excellence that make them part of the Rawabi Holding family.
Rawabi Holding is a purpose-driven company that exists not only to generate profit, but also to improve everyone and everything we can. From customer projects and employee development to our impact on the communities in which we work, Rawabi Holding is propelled by an unwavering energy to make everything we touch better. No matter how great the challenge or how complex the problem, we face it head-on to deliver proven results.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Electrical Plant Maintenance Technician – Concrete Plant
A Leading Contracting Group In The UAE.