Job description / Role
Job Description Summary This role is embedded in the EMEA PMO organization. Alongside with the EMEA Planner group you will be in charge to a portfolio of projects ensuring the plans match the required quality expectations set by the EMEA Project governance rules. You will be in charge of supporting and driving Project Managers in getting an accurate status of the project progress in terms of planning, cost, and physical progress. You will consolidate and provide all data allowing Project Managers to define the strategy, to make the necessary decisions and to establish a mutual-trust communication with the customer.
- Drive and own quality of project plans, in terms of Schedule, Resources, Milestones & Costs
- Actively participate in daily management, ensuring project plans and project execution are in line
- Work closely with Project and Delivery Manager /Technical Leads to ensure plan is closely aligned to project progress
- Train and/or coach project team members in leveraging the value from the schedule and providing structured input.
- Regularly liaise with Project Control Analyst to align planned work with financial forecast
- Proactively identify possible deviations from planned targets
- Close interaction with the PM, Unit/Site Finance Department and project controller
Further Essential Responsibilities
- Ensure weekly update of project plans
- Control and report on bookings to tasks, own Say-Do-Ratio for portfolio of projects and raise early warning should actuals differ from plan
- Drive required plan update requests driven by Resource Managers
- Participate in portfolio - wide initiatives to increase overall portfolio plan quality
- >5 years of experience in Projects and/or Functional Management
- Fluent in English language, showing strong oral and written communication skills, including presentations , French language skills are a plus
- Strong Project Planning Skills, using Microsift Project and Primavera P6 EPPM, including professional Excel skills
- Track record of structured and methodical approach is a necessity
- High energy, positive and engaging individual
- Good communication skills and capability to structure complex scenarios
- Previous work experience in multi-cultural environment
- Experience in software businesses and background in the Energy or Infrastructure industry
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.