Job description / Role
Saudi Arabia £100K - £200K / Year
We are recruiting an Emergency Medicine Consult, based in Riyadh, for the largest care provider in Saudi Arabia
The largest provider of private care in Saudi Arabia and our long-standing partner has requested that he we help them locate a suitably qualified Consultant of Accident and Emergency medicine to join their team in their newest facility based in al Khobar in the eastern province. This position is for a consultant of ER medicine. The Al Khobar facility is the newest in a number of expansions planned for the group in the kingdom with more to come in Al Ahsa and a medical city planned for 2021.
Riyadh is Saudi Arabia's capital and main financial hub and forms the political and administrative centre of Saudi Arabia. It is located on the eastern part of the Najd plateau at about 600 metres above sea level, a region largely dominated by a rocky plateau landscape in the centre of the Arabian Peninsula.
In the case of Khobar, with Bahrain being 30 minutes away it is more than possible to enjoy the nightlife offered in Manama, with a much less restrictive lifestyle and no prohibition.
- Responsible for the management of assigned clinics as per the approved rota by the Medical Director
- Responsible for the initial assessment, requesting of investigations, analysing the rest results, diagnosis, treatment, reassessment, and any follow up.
- Admit the patients under their care whenever indicated within the limits of the approved and assigned privileges.
- Prescribe or administer therapy, medication, and other specialised medical care to prevent illness or disease.
- Serve on hospital committees as requested.
- Explain procedures and diagnostic results with patients and their attendants.
- Responsible for the monitoring of patient's condition and progress and re-evaluate/ re-asses with the patients and their attendants.
- Refer patients to other specialists when needed, also consult with, or provide consulting services to other physicians when needed.
- Be on-call as per hospital policy, as needed, and will assume duties of department coordinator when needed.
- Take daily rounds for their in-patients and referred patients.
- Responsible to attend code blue
- Identifying and appropriately transferring all the medico-legal cases on time with the proper documentation and information to the hospital.
- Ensure that all reports and information as required by the clinical director/ medical director are approved.
- Participation in the provision of clinical/academic activities in the hospital
Package and Benefits
- Tax Free Salary
- Fully furnished family accommodation
- Incentive Scheme
- 15 days of salary per year as an annual bonus
- Healthcare Insurance for yourself and dependants
- Child Education
- Continuous Medical Education
- Free Transportation
- Annual Air Tickets for yourself and dependants
- CME days
- Free Malpractice Insurance Coverage
Salaries with this client will vary depending on qualifications and experience gained after your qualification.
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
- Person Specification
- Demonstrates teaching skills in respect of junior medical staff, patients and their families.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with all staff, patients and their families.
- Awareness of sensitivity to cultural issues
- Ability to work effectively with a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to work within a service and organisation committed to achieving accreditation.
Qualifications and Requirements
- The following qualifications are accepted with 1 years' experience or more
- UK/Ireland CCT/CCST/ MRCP/FRCS qualifications
- GMC Specialist Registration
- American Board Certification (only approved boards by American
- Board of Medical Specialities accepted)
- Fachartz (German Board)
- French Qualifications (DIS, DES, CES, CIS)
- Italian/Spanish/Greek Specializations
- Canadian Fellowship with 2 years post board experience.
- 2 years post qualifying experience at a full consultant level
- The ability to speak Arabic is not essential although beneficial
What Happens Next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please click the 'Apply' button. On submission of the job application form, an email alert is sent to the specialist consultant handling this role to register your interest.
All dialogue with us is in the strictest of confidence, without any obligation and we will NOT send your details to the relevant business without your consent.
About the Company
Our vision is to be the recruitment partner of choice for healthcare professionals worldwide.
You will benefit from the different approach we take to recruitment in the healthcare sector. You will have access to our specialist team of consultants and with their extensive industry knowledge and experience they will provide you with market leading advisory and recruitment service.
As our clients, you will have access to our talent network and with the support of our cutting edge technology we can provide candidates who will positively contribute to your businesses success and quality of care.