Job description / Role
Role Summary: In this role, you will be the first point of contact for People Leaders and employees to provide counsel, coaching and support on HR fundamentals and employee related questions. You will execute our key HR initiatives, providing available and responsive internal employee support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement. You will also act as the HR manager of record for a client group.
- Provide dedicated guidance and coaching to multiple leaders and employees within a complex business environment, including supporting multiple matrixed organizations.
- Provide dedicated guidance and coaching to multiple managers and employees with specific focus on: employee advocacy/engagement, HR fundamentals and process training, employee relations management, performance management, career development, talent assessment, acquisition and retention and workplace investigations as appropriate
- Provide employees and managers with an available first point of contact for questions and guidance on fundamental HR topics and issues; escalates concerns beyond their scope to HR Business Partners; navigates employees and manager to HR Services when it is the more appropriate resource
- Support HR Business Partners to execute business-specific HR strategies.
- Ensure that all employee relations issues are properly identified, reported, investigated and resolved
- Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures and practices at 100% compliance to promote an ethical and compliant work environment
- Lead key HR processes including compensation planning and compliance
- Conduct HR training and support for functional processes like Performance Development, Salary Planning, New Employee Orientation and Team Touchpoint.
- Assist with other HR special projects or initiatives as needed
- Maintain and protect confidential data with utmost scrutiny, judgment, and care
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in related area
- Minimum 5 years prior professional work experience
- Required to travel within the country
- Advanced English and Native Arabic required
- Passionate, employee advocate who wants to make a difference in the organization by helping employees succeed
- Approachable and responsive resource able to connect with employees at all levels
- Desires employee-facing work; willingness to make horizontal moves to develop HR expertise
- Strong customer service focus, with a high level of responsiveness
- Supportive team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment; ability to diffuse a tense situation
- Applies solid judgment ensuring integrity, compliance, & confidentiality
- Strong interest in innovative HR solutions and process improvement
- Understanding of HR concepts and principles with expertise in a specialty area such as staffing, analytics, facilitation, etc.
- Strong problem solving skills; ability to make independent decisions, manage conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment
- Sound knowledge of local labor laws and government requirements
- Detailed-oriented with excellent organizational & documentation skills
- Proponent of the segmented HR model, understands the benefits
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Human Resources
- GE HRLP Graduate or graduate of a similar program
- PHR/SPHR certification
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers.
Location: Saudi Arabia; Riyadh
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.