Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking an experienced Instrument Engineer (Control System) to work under Hawiyah Gas Storage Development (HGSD). As a Sr. Engineer, you will be able to lead, monitor the efforts in troubleshooting and determining the root causes of failures for several types of control systems such as Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Compressor Control System (CCS), Vibration Monitoring System (VMS), Conditional Monitoring System (CMS), Emergency Shutdown System (ESD/SIS), SCADA, Plant Information system (PI), Plant's PDN, etc. You are also expected to have full knowledge and experience in analyzing and diagnosing control system practices. You will also provide technical support relating to plant processes, process control systems performance, energy efficiency, safety, cost savings, innovation and new technology applications. Additionally, you will provide field instrument engineering review and support to plant modifications.
HGSD process hydrocarbons at the highest standards of safety, reliability, efficiency and in an environmentally responsible way through empowered competent teams and using state of the art technologies.
You will be expected to be able to perform the following:
- Provide day-to-day instrument engineering support to operations and maintenance to troubleshoot process control related issues.
- Define/implement process control strategies.
- Perform control system design, configuration, and commissioning.
- Perform advanced process control strategies and design.
- Capable of performing control system upgrade and switchover activities.
- Perform Interface between systems using Modbus or OPC.
- Manage systems lifecycle.
- Implement new process control technologies to optimize energy and sustain production.
- Perform systems administration, backup, restoration, and disaster recovery.
- Train and develop young engineers.
- Develop, evaluate and review design packages and conduct studies related to process control and instrument engineering.
- Lead process control failures and trips investigation and produce the associated reports.
- Train, mentor and develop young engineers.
- Identify, assess and implement new technologies to enhance process safety, reliability and efficiency.
- As a successful candidate, you should hold at least a BS degree in instrument engineering from a recognized and approved institution.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Oil & Gas industry operating facilities.
- Knowledgeable of process control, ESD/SIS, instrumentation, and data networking.
- Knowledgeable of DeltaV control system and DeltaV SIS.
- Knowledgeable of DeltaV applications including DeltaV AMS and APC.
- Ability to develop design packages and conduct studies related to process control and instrument engineering.
- Ability to propose and deploy process control improvement technologies/solutions and innovative ideas.
- Must have Fundamental Engineering (FE) and recommended to have a Professional Engineer (P.E.)
- Knowledge of engineering practices and economic principles, calculation methods, design details, international and Aramco's Codes, Standards and Specifications.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.