Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking for a Chemical Engineer to work under North Ghawar Producing Department (NGPD), part of the Southern Area Oil Operations. The candidate is expected to work under the North Ghawar Engineering Division.
NGPD is an oil and gas producing department which meets the company's energy demands in reliable, efficient and financially competitive manner while striving to the highest HSSE standards, embracing circular economy principles, capitalizing on its human capital and latest technologies evolving around industrial revolution (IR) solutions. Process/chemical engineering plays a major role for NGPD to safely run its facilities and meet its oil and gas production targets in addition to other operational requirements.
The engineer will work with all engineering disciplines to ensure, optimize, and enhance the oil & gas processing within the organization, including participating in technical process/chemical engineering reviews of NGPD's current and future projects. Additionally, the candidate is expected to participate in the organization and company initiatives, such as safety programs, innovation programs, operational excellence, knowledge sharing, self-development and other programs as required.
You are expected to be able to perform the following:
Provide day-to-day technical support to operations and maintenance to troubleshoot process and equipment related issues
Develop, evaluate and review rotating equipment engineering design for process enhancements and required modifications/upgrades
Lead the activities of project proposal that include development of scope, functions, interrelationship, integration, physical solution definition, cost estimate, etc. Lead project execution for project proposal, initiatives, studies and continuous improvement of solutions and problem solvers
Develop scope and description of technology items, and lead the implementation and operation of developed solutions in the field
Review work of engineers directed. Checks that reports are written according to established methods of good report presentation. Make recommendations for future study or report changes. Conduct peer-review of technical reports and reviews work of third party, technology reports, and engineering standards
You are expected to be able to perform the following:
- Develop continuous improvement operating and process solutions by collecting and analyzing operating information and data. Act as technical consultant on operational and process-related problems.
- Prepare and issue engineering-related documentations as required, such as procedures, reports, Operating Instruction Manuals (OIMs), technical presentations, Management of Change (MOCs).
- Initiate and develop innovations, technologies and procedures to optimize operations and operational costs
- Initiate, review, and develop small and large projects required to maintain Maximum Sustainable Capacity.
- Work with other related organizations to design and implement modifications and new construction.
- Participate and contribute to comprehensive department management program to maintain and continually improve process performance, business management, and safety KPIs.
- Work with other company departments and third parties to support department objectives.
- Knowledge and experience in preparing procedures for field execution to upgrade, repair, retrofit, replacement and repair of plant equipment and preparing Operating Instruction Manuals.
- Assist, train and mentor less experienced engineers, as required.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.