Job description / Role
• Maintain Air Field Lighting systems and/or components to required specifications/standards, focusing on the economy, safety, reliability, quality, and sustainability.
• Site supervision, monitoring, and inspection of AGL and airport electrical systems. Design high-level electrical drawings, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs. Understand project controls, cost estimates, quantity takeoffs and manpower requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders.
• Maintain high customer satisfaction, and help achieve ENOVA’s business objectives.
• Lead a team in performing maintenance/installation of all AFL electrical systems- runway, apron lighting & its associated support system
• Maintain computerized Airfield lighting system to ICAO and international standards
• Ensure daily routine checks of all Airfield lighting Systems such as Approach, VASI, CCR, High masts, and security fence lights
• Requires a broad knowledge of the application of engineering to airport operations and maintenance.
• Contribution to airfield engineering design, delivery and management of projects and proposals when it is required
• Site supervision, monitoring, and inspection of AGL electrical substations and generators
• Performs assignments independently with instruction as to the general results expected and with guidance from Department Manager on unusual or complex problems.
• Provides technical direction and on-the-job training to team leaders, supervisors, and technicians.
• Assigns and coordinates work to team leaders, supervisors and technicians Plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate program of assigned engineering work and projects.
• Running quality checks to make sure systems are working properly and safely
• Carrying out planned and predictive maintenance.
• Performs assignments independently with instruction as to the general results expected and with guidance from Line Manager on unusual or complex problems.
• Ensure proper interdisciplinary coordination and effective communication on projects.
• Analyze reports, maps, drawings, tests, and other data to plan and maintain installations.
• Direct and/or participate in job site visits to collect or deliver services.
• Operate computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks. Direct and coordinate small installations, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
• Inspect completed installations and observe operations, to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
• Provide technical assistance to field personnel in the areas of low/medium voltage distribution equipment and low/medium voltage motors/generators
• Issue repair reports at the conclusion of critical jobs for proper historical documentation
• Identify engineered resolutions to recurring electrical issues
• Improve plant/equipment reliability through historical trending and improved maintenance procedures.
• Lead and participate in Failure Analysis and Vulnerability studies.
• Execute equipment maintenance strategies (predictive and preventive)
• Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (4+ years Degree)
• 5+ years’ experience in AFL maintenance with exposure to Facilities Management especially in the areas of Electrical Engineering.
• Experience of international AGL/electrical standards
About the Company
Enova is a joint venture created in 2002 between Majid Al Futtaim Ventures - which is the growth engine responsible for developing new businesses that complement and reinforce the Majid Al Futtaim Group leadership in its core businesses, and Veolia - the global leader in optimized resource management; designing and providing water, waste, and energy management solutions that contribute to the sustainable development of communities and industries.
Enova employs over 2,000 highly trained and multi-skilled employees serving a wide portfolio of clients in the public, residential, commercial, industrial, and healthcare sectors. Enova is the leader in energy and multi-technical services, delivering comprehensive services to its clients, and was the first company in Dubai to be certified ESCO (Energy Services Company) by the RSB (Regulation & Supervision Bureau) in April 2014.