Job description / Role
Only candidates with Mall Maintenance experience will be considered for this position.
- Evaluate design, develop and maintain mechanical systems and/or components to required specifications, focusing on the economy, safety, reliability, quality, and sustainability
- Understand project controls, cost estimates, quantity takeoffs and manpower requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders.
- Maintain high customer satisfaction, and help achieve Enova’s business objectives.
- Requires a broad knowledge of the application of engineering to plant and buildings operations and maintenance.
- Performs assignments independently with instruction as to the general results expected and with guidance from Department Manager on unusual or complex problems.
- Provides technical direction and on-the-job training to team leaders, supervisors, and technicians.
- Assigns and coordinates work to team leaders, supervisors and technicians Plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate program of assigned engineering work and projects.
- Running quality checks to make sure systems are working properly and safely
- Diagnosing and fixing faults
- Carrying out planned maintenance.
- Performs assignments independently with instruction as to the general results expected and with guidance from Line Manager on unusual or complex problems.
- Ensure proper interdisciplinary coordination and effective communication on projects.
- Analyze reports, maps, drawings, tests, and other data to plan and maintain installations.
- Direct and/or participate in job site visits to collect or deliver services.
- Operate computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks. Direct and coordinate small installations, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
- Inspect completed installations and observe operations, to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
- Provide technical assistance to field personnel in the areas of Mechanical equipment and Mechanical motors/generators
- Respond and provide technical assistance to Mechanical equipment problems within the clients’ facilities
- Issue repair reports at the conclusion of critical jobs for proper historical documentation
- Identify engineered resolutions to recurring Mechanical issues
- Improve plant/equipment reliability through historical trending and improved maintenance procedures.
- Lead and participate in Failure Analysis and Vulnerability studies.
- Execute equipment maintenance strategies (predictive and preventive)
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Statutory awareness in terms of Technical requirements, periodical certifications requirements, plan to attend all of the rectifications for assets by specialized contractors to pass the operational certifications and safely operate
- Strong ability of Subcontractors Management for their corrective and preventive maintenance tasks, considering Scoring, Work execution as per agreed SLA/KPIs with subcontractors, Services issues Tracking and plan for execution and control of subcontractors as per the contractual agreement and operational issues closure on time.
- Ability to manage a team for Asset condition survey and prepare related reports reflecting actual current status for the surveyed assets and recommendations to improve assets operational conditions.
- Documentary capability to keep records all of the related Contractors scoring, Meeting Minutes, Service reports, Monthly reports, escalation contacts in place to comply with Audit requirements.
- Proactive, self-motivated and able to manage 35 staffs and 21 specialized subcontractors.
- Time management and project management skills for ongoing CAPEX projects and set up a project plan for execution.
- Preparation of Monthly Report to the client.
- Ability to lead meetings with the client and prepare minutes of the meeting.
Statements and Reports:
- Prepare timely and accurate departmental statements and reports to meet and department requirements, policies, and standards.
Quality, Health, Safety, & Environment:
- Ensure all relevant quality, health, safety, and environmental procedures, instructions and controls are adhered to so that the safety of employees, quality of products/services and environmental compliance can be guaranteed.
- Liaise with the HSEQ department for creating standard operating procedures
- Timely issue and send the incident reports to HSEEQ department
- Support the HSEQ staff for investigating the incidents
- Finalize and update the HIRA with the support of HSEQ staff
- Implement the risk control measures arising from the HIRA
- Conduct toolbox & SOP training whenever the supervisor is deemed incompetent about the topic
- Prepare the yearly schedule of toolbox and SOP training with support HSEQ staff
- Ensure relevant emergency tests are conducted
- Comply with / support the company asset management strategy applicable to its contract
- Perform other related duties or assignments as directed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering (4+ years Degree)
- 6+ years’ experience in technical maintenance with exposure to Facilities Management in Mechanical Engineering with Mall Maintenance experience
About the Company
Enova is a joint venture created in 2002 between Majid Al Futtaim Ventures - which is the growth engine responsible for developing new businesses that complement and reinforce the Majid Al Futtaim Group leadership in its core businesses, and Veolia - the global leader in optimized resource management; designing and providing water, waste, and energy management solutions that contribute to the sustainable development of communities and industries.
Enova employs over 2,000 highly trained and multi-skilled employees serving a wide portfolio of clients in the public, residential, commercial, industrial, and healthcare sectors. Enova is the leader in energy and multi-technical services, delivering comprehensive services to its clients, and was the first company in Dubai to be certified ESCO (Energy Services Company) by the RSB (Regulation & Supervision Bureau) in April 2014.
MEP Project Engineer
Ignite Search & Selection
Resident Construction Engineer / Mechanical (Expat)
Project Engineer Mechanical
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
MEP Engineer - Parkways and Fairways