Job description / Role
• Day to day operations of the department and responsible for overseeing engineering services delivery.
• Preparation of Department Operating Structure and roles and responsibility of the department staff
• Preparation of the Engineering department processes and procedures in line with the PMO methodology.
• Oversee the development of Standard Design Criteria, Construction Specifications, and details to client field of work
• Ensure appropriate interdisciplinary design review including value engineering and constructability
• Oversee the preparation of scope of work for engineering design RFP
• Reviewing proposals for engineering design contracts
• Assist in setting up prequalification’s criteria for the A/E companies.
• Management of the Architectural/Engineering (A/E) companies engineering deliverables and scope of work ensuring design is carried done on time, on budget and complete in line with client requirements, by deploying the appropriate resources to the A/E offices for meetings and design review.
• Oversee the review and comments on deliverables by A/E companies
• Implementation of an engineering deliverables management system based on earned value methodology
• Support for the preparation and evaluation of construction RFP and proposals
• Support for the preparation and evaluation of construction Tender documents and received tender proposals from bidding contractors
• Review and approve proposed design changes, addendum and change notices and claims arising from awarded construction contracts
• Assign site engineers to projects (where required) and maintain functional responsibility of site engineers
• Provide technical support to construction teams
• Provide the necessary support to the team assessing the status of ongoing projects
• Bachelors/ Master’s Degree in engineering from accredited university
• Minimum 25 years’ experience in related field on national / international major initiatives and developments.
• Technical knowledge of engineering systems, methods, and procedures
• Proven leadership capability
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
About the Company
SAS Global Consultants, a specialist executive Engineering, Supply Chain & Procurement Recruitment Consultancy with over 25 years combined experience in recruiting for the UK, Europe, MENA, Asia Pacific & North America markets. We are a privately-owned company freeing us from some of the politics & pressures that surround many of our rivals and have a strong emphasis on client relationships and candidate satisfaction. We have worked with small local contractors with relatively small turnovers up to leading multidiscipline & fortune 100 organizations with turnovers exceeding £25 billion and are more than aware of the need to tailor our service to fit each company’s requirements.