Job description / Role
The Engineering Management Department Manager (EMDM) will serve as the primary point of contact on Day to day operations of the department, allocation of resources, and interface with the client's senior management.
The EMDM will provide direction on the Engineering Management services as well as provide cross-functional support to other departments throughout the life of the EPMO.
The EMDM is responsible for the overall performance of the engineering management department and for ensuring the engineering deliverables are performed according to the Entity quality plan, meets budgetary, quality, and schedule requirements.
The EMDM shall provide Leadership and direction for the department team, supports staff professional development ensuring they have access to the necessary training including on-the-job training. Role Responsibilities The EMDM will lead and oversee the following:
• Day to day operations of the department and responsible for overseeing engineering services delivery.
• Preparation of Department Operating Structure and roles and responsibility of the department staff
• Preparation of the Engineering department processes and procedures in line with the NPMO methodology.
• Oversee the development of Standard Design Criteria, Construction Specifications, and details to SAC field of work
• Ensure appropriate interdisciplinary design review including value engineering and constructability
• Oversee the preparation of scope of work for engineering design RFP
• Reviewing proposals for engineering design contracts
• Assist in setting up prequalification criteria for the A/E companies.
• Management of the Architectural/Engineering (A/E) companies engineering deliverables and scope of work ensuring design is carried done on time, on budget, and complete in line with SAC requirements, by deploying the appropriate resources to the A/E offices for meetings and design review.
• Oversee the review and comments on deliverables by A/E companies
• Implementation of an engineering deliverables management system based on earned value methodology
• Support for the preparation and evaluation of construction RFP and proposals
• Support for the preparation and evaluation of construction Tender documents and received tender proposals from bidding contractors
• Review and approve proposed design changes, addendum and change notices and claims arising from awarded construction contracts
• Assign site engineers to projects (where required) and maintain functional responsibility of site engineers
• Provide technical support to construction teams
• Provide the necessary support to the team assessing the status of ongoing projects Page 2 of 2
• Participate in the assessment of Land ports facilities and review current operational methodology
• Collaborate with projects controls to provide a cost estimation plan
• Collaborate with the Strategic Planning and Studies department in the preparation of project delivery strategy.
• Oversee and maintain engineering delivery schedule and monthly engineering reports.
• Assess the capability of SAC existing engineering staff and assigning appropriate roles and responsibilities
• Mentor, coach, and delegate work to Senior Engineers / Architects and ensure they can and are completing their tasks.
• Maintain functional responsibility of site engineering Manager
• Bachelors/ Master’s Degree in engineering from an accredited university
• Minimum 25 years experience in the related fields on national/international major initiatives and developments.
• Technical knowledge of engineering systems, methods, and procedures
• Proven leadership capability
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to speak Arabic fluently
• Minimum of 25 years experience required
• Thorough knowledge and experience in directing multi-disciplinary engineering team
• Prior engagement with utility providers and wider commercial and public-sector stakeholders.
• Previous engineering / Management experience in construction and infrastructure projects.
• Previous experience of working with other disciplines and understanding of civil engineering, transportation, infrastructure, architecture, landscape architecture, contracts, and construction
• Previous experience in the construction industry including supervision, fieldwork, and utilities, and proficient knowledge of procurement, contracts, construction, and quality assurance.
• Previous experience of working in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia or other Middle East Countries.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering