Job description / Role
To lead the Saudi Tech Center Based Engineering organization successfully meeting the business objectives, including the effective support of bid, project execution, and Plant support. This position is accountable for the Engineering functions in support of the EMEA Engineering teams within the Middle East Region; Local team will include Machinery, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Process, Controls and Civil Engineering, will perform role of Project Engineering Manager for project and proposals. Accountable for the successful execution of the engineering and design functions within the direct reporting lines, whether the work is executed internally or externally.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Meet corporate and global engineering personnel and process safety goals.
• Provide expert advice with regards to external engineering provider strategies, assessments, remediation activities, in addition to leading resolution of technical issues for bids and projects.
• Consolidate department engineering budgets and manage them during the project;
• Ensures effective technical coordination with Clients or third-party representatives:
• Coordinates the review of Client’s specifications and procedures, preparation of deviation lists, and manages Client review of AP deliverables & vendor drawings;
• Ensures all changes are managed in accordance with the project procedures;
• Ensures that lessons learned for engineering are clearly identified, recorded and communicated;
• Compliance with work processes, standards and specification for functional performance.
• Directing internal engineering and design resources to produce engineering deliverables on schedule and within budget;
• Manage resource planning and allocation to meet engineering team workload and project deliverable requirements, inclusive of necessary outsourcing strategies.
• Work with EMEA functional managers to actively manage overall internal and external functional capability to meet the strategic and tactical needs of the business, including:
- Key skills assessment
- Career development
- Knowledge retention and transfer
- Training and short-term development
• Provides resources and expertise in support of equipment QA/QC, site installation work, and support to Global Operations and CPS.
• Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
Building Customer Loyalty
• Effectively meeting customer needs; building productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
• Clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups in a variety of situations; communicating in a focused and compelling way that drives others’ thoughts and actions.
• Engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
• Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes; identifying improvement opportunities, generating ideas, and implementing solutions.
• Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
Contributing to Team Success
• Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
• Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
Managing Work (Includes Time Management)
• Effectively managing one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
• Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification.
• They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Air Products Values
• All Air Products divisions are committed to the effective use of the AP Values.
• It is important that all employees understand and utilize these values when performing the duties of his/her position.
• Quality encompasses all aspects of AP’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.
• Demonstrated experience in leading successful teams, in particular where traditional strategies are challenged to enhance competitiveness.
• Management experience in working with outside engineering firms is beneficial.
• Strong Organization & Interpersonal Skills.
• Strong computer knowledge skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Incumbent is expected to have bachelor’s degree in Engineering or higher.
• Incumbent is expected to have 15+ years’ work experience in a similar work environment, ie. engineering or manufacturing industry.
• 10-15 years in either Project Management, Engineering or Design with some related supervision experience, or Project Development related capacity.
About the Company
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.
Global Bankers Search and Selection
Project Manager - Refinery/Petrochemical Projects
Sketchley Engineering Consultants
|Saudi Arabia||31 Jul|
Saudi Aramco Total Refining & Petrochemical Company (SATORP)