Job description / Role
To act as the reference in all issues pertaining to design by providing technical assistance and reviewing all documents, drawings, and material specifications to ensure that they are in line with project needs and all specifications, code requirements and standards are complied with.
Multi National Oil&Gas Service company offering greath growth opportunities and long lasting career.
* Develops the department strategy in line with the company strategy to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing strategies across the company
* Ensures that related strategic plans are developed and implemented, and aligned with the vision and mission
* Oversees the development and implementation of policies, procedures and controls covering all areas of the function so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service to customers
* Oversees the consolidation and recommends the department budget in line with the company strategy and monitors performance versus the budget.
* To ensure that every project should be completed within the allocated/budgeted man hours.
* Provide technical input to Marketing and Proposal department regarding the scope of work from various aspects (Operation, Maintenance, Technical etc.), and undertake preliminary evaluation, reviewing options and give initial feedback on costing to establish viability
* Review material requisition, Project and technical specifications, all relevant details and request for further information when needed
* Understand and evaluate directly or through subordinates all missing information from the material requisition and proceed or guide as necessary to ensure obtaining this information
* Modifies, when convenient, the design and/or alternate materials of the project to ensure the optimal quality level of the project.
* Continuous follow up with the concerned section heads to ensure that all documents have been issued within the agreed time frame with PMG & Client
* Provide leadership and direction to ensure integrated technical support is provided to the operations through process optimization, reliability engineering by applying new tools in design.When called upon for emergencies, respond by conducting immediate site visits to investigate the problem and recommend a solution.
* If needed, recommend required modifications upon request by shop due to unavailability of the material or due to the mistake done on shop floor by considering the required modification is in line with the specifications and code requirement.
* Manages the effective achievement of departmental objectives through the leadership of the department - setting individual objectives, recruiting qualified staff, managing performance, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal - in order to maximise subordinate and departmental performance
* Leads and directs the management of change through continuous improvement of departmental systems, processes and practices taking into account 'international best practice', changes in international standards and changes in the business environment which demand proactive action plans
* Ensures that all sections reports are prepared timely and accurately and meet company and department requirements, policies and standards
* Ensures compliance to all relevant safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the department in order to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance and a responsible environmental attitude
* Performs other related duties or assignments as directed
* Competitive salary package, growth opportunities and career progression
* Bachelor's degree in engineering
* 15-17 years relevant experience including at least 5 years in positions of progressively increasing managerial responsibilities
* KSA National preferable
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Project Engineering Manager
Senior Project Manager
Rider Levett Bucknall
Ignite Search & Selection
Senior Project Manager
Currie & Brown