Job description / Role
• Prepare the work plans, procedures and reporting system for the Engineering Department.
• Select, manage, train and upgrade the Engineering Department Staff.
• Implement the Engineering Department work plans and procedures.
• Take part in the Estimating process for the new tenders.
• Take part in project risk management reviews.
• Plan and maintain the Engineering Department budget and schedule the Engineering activities.
• Attend progress and technical meetings, discuss and suggest technical proposals.
• Liaise with the Projects Managers on the performance measures related to the technical part.
• Report regularly concerning all Engineering aspects, problems, progress etc.
• Manage the Engineering team to:
- Prepare the Projects Drawing Lists.
- Prepare and review all engineering design submittals, as well as following up site supervision, design conflicts and variation orders for the client.
- Prepare and review the Submittal of Shop Drawings and As-Built Drawings to ensure the compliance with the contract and project requirements.
- Review material submittals.
- Coordinate between the Construction and Engineering teams ensuring that all requirements are conveyed clearly and delivered upon.
- Coordinate with quantity surveyors concerning change orders.
- Continually review the construction schedule during the progress of site to make sure that, the Engineering progress is ahead of construction.
- Review the proposed sub-contractor(s) associated with the various engineering packages.
• In- Depth Knowledge and working experience in his engineering specialty with very good knowledge of other engineering disciplines.
• Excellent Multidiscipline Engineering Coordination knowledge and skills
Strong interpersonal skills;
• Ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential;
• Strong problem solving and creative skills;
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses;
• High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation;
• Ability to manage staff efficiently and to provide guidance and development plans for them;
• Proficient in MS Office and financial management software (e.g. Dynamics);
• Ability to determine short term and long-term objectives and strategies, allocating resources according to priorities; determining how to improve coordination, productivity, efficiency and effectiveness;
• Strong background in identifying risks, controls and opportunities for improvements associated with business or engineering processes;
• Commitment to high ethical and professional standards;
• Good command of written and spoken English and Arabic.
About the Company
Ignite Search & Selection is a leading Recruitment Agency in the Middle East. Ignite's team of specialist recruiters now works across a range of sectors including Legal, Digital/Technology, Retail/FMCG, Construction and Engineering.
We pride ourselves on given both clients and candidates expert market knowledge in our chosen sectors. We value getting a detailed understanding of our clients and candidates expectations to find the perfect fit for all parties.
Senior Project Manager (Construction)
|Saudi Arabia||3 Aug|
SAS Global Consultants
Project Manager - Housing Construction - PMC
Ignite Search & Selection
Project Manager - Consultant
Zuhair Fayez Partnership